1/10th Scale Battery question.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisHerzog

Supporting Member
A while back I built a 1/10 scale ML kit. Basically I just need to build the cowl and paint it to get it finished.

Anyway, I’m thinking about going with 2 2s batteries instead of just one 4s battery. I was just wondering if anyone else has done this and if so what batteries did you go with.

Also if anyone knows of someone the makes an epoxy cowl for a 1/10th scale 8255 hull, please let me know.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1814.jpeg
    IMG_1814.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
A while back I built a 1/10 scale ML kit. Basically I just need to build the cowl and paint it to get it finished.

Anyway, I’m thinking about going with 2 2s batteries instead of just one 4s battery. I was just wondering if anyone else has done this and if so what batteries did you go with.

Also if anyone knows of someone the makes an epoxy cowl for a 1/10th scale 8255 hull, please let me know.

Thanks
I've run 2 2S packs in my latest 8255 Coors Light. I prefer one 4S pack because it's less charging.
JD

Thanks

Yes you can go with two 2S batteries. Ideally you would be looking at 5.5k mah and 70C . That is what I run. Those that have seen my Winston know it is fast. I think it has only lost in the final three times in the last 3 years.

https://www.roaringtopusa.com/in-stock/70c/70C-5500MAH-2S-LIPO

Dont know if there is a cowl out there. But I know a guy that does glass work.
Thanks for the info!

Yea I know a guy that does glass work also, I just hate to do it. If I can’t find a cowl I’ll make my own plug and mold
I've run 2 2S packs in my latest 8255 Coors Light. I prefer one 4S pack because it's less charging.
JD
thanks Jerry for the info. I don’t mind the two batteries, I doubt I’ll ever do much with this boat. No body runs anything like this in my area.

JD

You should be charging them in parallel at one time so they both work as a balanced pack.

Then it is exactly like charging one battery as well.

Parallel the main discharge leads to charger as well as the balance leads in parallel to the charger. Really easy to make up the cables needed.

The cells balance the same and the "pack" is all one voltage on every cell when it all finishes together in same charge cycle.

2S parallel balance cable.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2756044928...044&customid=d78a4580863b13b85f9e23d02d2dc020

Last edited:
You should be charging them in parallel at one time so they both work as a balanced pack.

Parallel the main discharge leads to charger as well as the balance leads in parallel to the charger. Really easy to make up the cables needed.

The cells balance the same and the "pack" is all one voltage on every cell when it all finishes together in same charge cycle.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2756044928...044&customid=d78a4580863b13b85f9e23d02d2dc020

Thanks for the info. I will give that a try. I have the cables.
JD

Back