more rtr stuff!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Gibson

Supporting Member
Okay, santa did in fact bring me a miss vegas for Christmas....and as SOP for me, I have it torn apart to make "improvements"...I hope!! The first question I have, particularly for the NAMBA district 3 guys (or gals) that run these boats is, do you use the pull starter or do you remove it ? And, can you put me in the ballpark in regards to the strut height, and angle? I also got a grimracer 36X55mm prop with the boat.......

well my vegas runs strong and i know there are many with more "know how" in here but about 7/8 on the strut and maybe 1-2 degrees neg is all i have, she runs flat all the time

well my vegas runs strong and i know there are many with more "know how" in here but about 7/8 on the strut and maybe 1-2 degrees neg is all i have, she runs flat all the time

thanks for the input, opio......do you use the pull start, or did you remove it to use a starter belt?

thanks for the input, opio......do you use the pull start, or did you remove it to use a starter belt?
The easiest, and most likely to not put you at risk of being out of compliance with stock rules, is to leave the pull starter there, but add a belt if you want. The interesting thing I've observed is that my Vegas, and my SV27 nitro, start very easily, often with 1 or two pulls. So far I haven't even felt the need to put a belt on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have left the pull start i had no problems with it. im now running an os.TZ but it to has a pull start. my boat is far from stock so i have no idea what the rule for a stock class would be.

The easiest, and most likely to not put you at risk of being out of compliance with stock rules, is to leave the pull starter there, but add a belt if you want. The interesting thing I've observed is that my Vegas, and my SV27 nitro, start very easily, often with 1 or two pulls. So far I haven't even felt the need to put a belt on them.
thanks, P.C......are you runnin your strut depth and angle about the same as opio?

Bill you can run it either way in district3 most have the belt and pull left on theres just in case lol Robert

thanks, P.C......are you runnin your strut depth and angle about the same as opio?
Probably close, I can't remember right now. I also removed the rear wing, because I don't like winged hydros. However, it'd be important to confirm whether your club/district allows this.

in NAMBA dist. 3 they run 1 class of rtr and it's mostly mod boats, unless they have a few stock boats sign up for a race and decide to run 2, so far that hasn't happened. AS far as strut set up, each boat is a little different, and pond conditions change, if your running a 2 blade prop start with strut 7\8 inch from bottom of boat to bottom of strut, with neutral angel on it, if it's a bit choppy put a little pos angel on it, if your running something like a octura M435\3 you want to start around 1\2 inch from bottom of boat to bottom of strut.

Latest posts

Back