Miss Vegas Flex Hex Coupler

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyinFinn

I thought I'd pass along to all the Miss Vegas owners out there that I have found a high quality alternative to the flex hex coupler for the Miss Vegas. The Miss Vegas has had two couplers. The first generation was made of brass and did not hold up very well. The second generation is made of steel, and is better than the brass one, yet it also wears out and tends to pinch the flex shaft on a small portion of the flex shaft. It also tend to grab and hold the shaft too tightly and can be difficult to remove. I recently ordered a 5mm threaded flex shaft coupler for 0.150" round flex cable from Octura. The part number is OCFH5MM15 and it sells for $9.95 plus shipping. Orders $120 and under cost $6.00 for shipping. Octura's phone number is 847-674-7351 or their address is: Octura Models Inc., 7351 North Hamlin Avenue, Skokie, IL 60076, USA. I have a second generation Miss Vegas. So, I know this part works on the Miss Vegas' made after January 1, 2007.

The Octura Flex coupler is nice. It appears to grab the whole shaft along the length of the coupler and releases the flex cable easily after backing off the locking nut. I just got back from testing it today. I made two runs with it, both flawless. I would highly recommend that all second generation Miss Vegas Owners make this switch. The other thing is that Tower Hobbies is out of stock on the steel couplers anyway. I had issues with mine, so i replaced it! Glad I did! Now I can go racin'! :lol:

I have ordered one last week and is on it's way.I have the first generarion and had to remove my stuffing tube and make a new one much the same as guys on here do with the sport 20 hydro's.

The stock stuffing tube had been swolen by two broken drive shafts.

I eliminated the teflon and now run my .150 cable inside a 7/32 brass tube from coupler to strut.Then insided a short piece of 1/4 and that is inside a shorter piece of 9/32.I basically installed a 9/32 log which I alingned with my home made tool (that the guys here told me how to make)and then stepped down with brass to get the correct size.

I ran the .150 cable witha .130 stub shaft today and it worked very well

BUT

I am also installing a speedmaster strut and bushing and eliminating the stock brass strut.

I am goung to use the .150 cable with a 3/16 stub shaft for more prop options...

Thanks for the info.We really like these Miss Vegas.

Terry

I have ordered one last week and is on it's way.I have the first generarion and had to remove my stuffing tube and make a new one much the same as guys on here do with the sport 20 hydro's.The stock stuffing tube had been swolen by two broken drive shafts.

I eliminated the teflon and now run my .150 cable inside a 7/32 brass tube from coupler to strut.Then insided a short piece of 1/4 and that is inside a shorter piece of 9/32.I basically installed a 9/32 log which I alingned with my home made tool (that the guys here told me how to make)and then stepped down with brass to get the correct size.

I ran the .150 cable witha .130 stub shaft today and it worked very well

BUT

I am also installing a speedmaster strut and bushing and eliminating the stock brass strut.

I am goung to use the .150 cable with a 3/16 stub shaft for more prop options...

Thanks for the info.We really like these Miss Vegas.

Terry
Hey Terry,

Glad to hear from another Miss Vegas owner. Yah, you'll be much happier with the new collet. I really like it. I've got a secret prop that I am waiting to kick everyone's a$$ with at our next club race! I can't reveal all my secrets at once!

Latest posts

Back