FYI: 2014 NAMBA FE Nats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeanKewley

Just a heads up for any of you interested in attending the 2014 NAMBA Nats in June. It's in Michigan BTW.

Registration just opened and there are already 250+ boats signed up in little over 24hrs. Entries are limited so sign up fast at www.rcracingevents.com if you plan to attend.

I will have to check on something.. each day is a new event according to the way its done on RCRE and if you are not an NAMBA member you have to pay your non member single event fee of 10 bucks.. BUT have to pay it each day. Just want to see if thats correct.

Grim

seems that u would only pay the 10 dollars for the event not each day but I don't really know for sure...ive been to impba races that were 2 day events and only paid the 10 dollars once

Last edited by a moderator:
ted over on ose said this

It is for a one time event. If you want to run another Namba event you must pay the balance of the membership.

Ted McKay

The NAMBA single event fee of $10 is good for all three days at our Winter Warmup race. I'm assuming that is why NAMBA calls it a single event fee and not a single race day fee.

I know how and why its in place.. I just have never seen either of the orgs charge for "each day"..

But.. if each day is an "event"?

grim

Every race day is an "event", just as every heat race during that day is an "event"..... as is every pass, missed buoy, lane infraction, etc.. Not sure if any organization defines "event", but it's generally assumed to be a race meet for whatever the duration. Don't ask me to define "race meet"...... :rolleyes:

I believe the event is simply the NAMBA FE Nationals. Is there a separate NAMBA Sanction for each day of racing?? If not, I don't understand why the one event fee for non members should be charged for each day of racing. Patrick, it specifically says on RC Racing Events that non members must pay the one event fee for each day of racing.... with an exclamation point. LOL

No full P or Q outboard classes offered? With the popularity of the P/limited class has no one built any?

Mic

McKay says its one 10 dollar fee for entire nats...I dont see how it can be any planer

I imagine that since everything is paid through snail mail, that you can mail your fees plus the$10 for non membership and be in good graces. Dont sweat it. If Mr Tyndall can mail me a turnfin on trust, I think you'll be fine with this as well. Trust gentleman... It does still exist

I believe the event is simply the NAMBA FE Nationals. Is there a separate NAMBA Sanction for each day of racing?? If not, I don't understand why the one event fee for non members should be charged for each day of racing. Patrick, it specifically says on RC Racing Events that non members must pay the one event fee for each day of racing.... with an exclamation point. LOL
As the sign-up and scoring dude at the NAMBA 2012 FE Nat's, I can vouch that no, none, zip, zero nonmembers were charged more than $10 for the entire event. However, I did sort heats with each day considered an individual "event" (program nomenclature) to make it easier to manage the limitations of the scoring software used.

Sorry, my bad! Namba and Michigan didn't register in my brain since a lot of Impba guys are discussing here. I have to say looking over the entries this is a very good race. I have a P & Q mono but not enough tunnel classes to get me to drive from South Florida. As for the one day fee's, if your there for more than a day NAMBA is $45 for a year. Your gas and hotel will be 10 times that.

Mic

It is looking like a solid event thus far. Hoping that the excitement and entries continue to build.

It's been a long time since FE had a truely "National" event... Cars, Helis, and Planes, all seem to draw in the 100's of entries... our last "big" event had 36 or 37... which was still good, considering that each of us races 3-4 boats a day for 4-days, but it would be truely awesome, and something I've yet to experience, if we had 50+ entries and full heats across the board... (YES, Terry, even for N1 Mono... :p )

Guy

I am sorry for the miss print in the sign up we had a new guy doing it this year and I over looked it.

this is how it breaks down

entire fee $22.00 one time fee

single event fee $10.00 one time fee for all 4 days of racing

$ 10.00 per boat fee

again I am sorry

Rc race events is a great tool to use, make life much easier, breaking a race into more then one day it can not do

Fred

Thanks for clearing that up Fred. I mean I think we all knew what the intent of the deal was but when i went to sign up on RCRE the program is asking for 10 bucks each day. Just wanted to make sure.

Should be a great time!

Grim

Thanks for clearing that up Fred. I mean I think we all knew what the intent of the deal was but when i went to sign up on RCRE the program is asking for 10 bucks each day. Just wanted to make sure.

Should be a great time!

Grim
Mike... are we going to see you at this event??? :ph34r: :D

Well.. It looks like I managed to get in two classes.. the other was full.. RATS... not sure I want to just run two but we will see.

If all blows up I will go fly Helis that weekend! lol

Grim

In thinking... about this format.. 4 one day races.. different classes...what if a day gets rained out?

No chance of say championships over say 3 rounds..

Oho wait.. wait.. more thinking.. FE dudes run kooky number of classes.. hence the split days..

got it.. (i think).. I hope one of my days does not get rained out..lol

Moving on!

Grim

66 heats and counting on day 4 men.. GAME ON!

Latest posts

Back