Winternats dates?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nitro boaters are always the last ones to enter thats the biggest problem and its been like that Always. The boats are there the problem is they dont sign up early by that time a large amount of gas boaters have already signed up..

when the Winternats was held at the Ski lake in 2011 i remember all classes did not have a limit at all and what happened as always a Azz load of gas boaters signed up and then the nitro guys was complaining because there was no room or extra heats to accomodate more nitro boats.. the problem is simple 2 things can happen as you guys stated make a nitro and gas race or the other option is to cap all classes to a certain number of heats. when the heats are filled then all the excess boats for that class goes on a waiting list.

Florida has Tons of nitro boaters and Fl has a buch of gas too. The boaters themselves choose when to enter if the nitro guys entered early then the numbers would have been different but when the gas boaters jump early and sign up this is and will always be the problem..

Cap the heats from the start and then you have a equal number of Nitro and Gas from the start or seperate both to different dates. you have to keep in mind there ar gas boaters that run nitro as well.

Julian

It happens every year for this race. It has bin open for less than a week and it is all but sold out.

Now the mad rush to get in.

The boat count will be well over 300 when it is all sorted out.

If a class dose not make 5 boats by 11/15/14---- IT WILL BE DROPPED-------

If you do not pay by 1/1/15 ----YOU WILL BE DROPPED-------

Then the classes will be nailed down and the heats set.

IF you want in Email Ross he will fill classes on a first come basis on when he gets your Email.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of good suggestions and obviously a lot of frustrated nitro boaters.

Jeremy and I had a good conversation about this last night and decided to hold some races that are nitro only. Jeremy started this in August and everyone that I have talke dto really enjoyed the event. Maybe the wrong month (August) but a great start. It is probably not the right time yet to organize a district series, but no reason to not hold some nitro only races.

We are starting a nitro boaters email list so that we can keep everyone interested up to date on progress. If you would like to be included in that list and informed of progress, please send an email to [email protected] with the SUBJECT having the single word List in it. Also please put your name in the message. This will allow us to really keep this organized. I will put everyone on the list and keep it as an Excel file. I have amn automatic email sorting system, so your email will automatically go onto the list if you do the above. Remember to put your name in the message body too. If you would like to add a bunch of people to the list, let me know and I will send you the Excel file to add to.

Keep the thread active and some good suggestions will emerge.....

At some point, the Presidents or Representatives of the Florida Clubs should get together and set up some races for next year.

I have no doubt that we can pull this off and make some successful races.

I would be interested to see how many would come to a all nitro Winter Nats held for two days.

I can put this to the club BUT there needs to be a interest to make plans.

That would be two races 1 two day for gas and 1 two day for nitro.

One right after the other on two different weekends.

There would have to be around 200 boats to make it feasible for the club to invest time and money into it.

Lets here what you all think as I will not bring this to the club for no reason.

It will be a hard sell in the first place me being the only nitro boater in the club.

We have a year to get interest going.

I have been collecting email addresses of Nitro boaters that race in Florida and I am up to 83 with more to come. I am missing some emails for people that I know race around here, but I will get them and we will have a nice list to start contacting to see how much support there is for all nitro races.

If we run a special race in January, there is only about 10 hours of daylight so for 2 days with 4 rounds, the max entries would be about 120-125 heats total. That is doable and would have enough racers in a class to make it fun and competitive.

When we get the list filling up, we will write to let everyone know what we might do about some all nitro races here in Florida.

I have been collecting email addresses of Nitro boaters that race in Florida and I am up to 83 with more to come. I am missing some emails for people that I know race around here, but I will get them and we will have a nice list to start contacting to see how much support there is for all nitro races.

If we run a special race in January, there is only about 10 hours of daylight so for 2 days with 4 rounds, the max entries would be about 120-125 heats total. That is doable and would have enough racers in a class to make it fun and competitive.

When we get the list filling up, we will write to let everyone know what we might do about some all nitro races here in Florida.
That would be about 30 round at 6 boats a round =180 boats

That would be a good number to shoot for.

It would come to 200 if every thing was perfect.

The main problem with nitro is the boat count in each heat. You can run 8 gas monos with no problems.

When you get to the twin nitro and large singles it would be a challenge.

we could run the single and twin open classes also.

This is a great time of year to run in FL.

Also there are no other races to contend with at this time.

This could be a very good thing for nitro racing!!!!

I beg to differ that you can run 8 Gas Monos with no problem , a facepalm comes to mind for that one !!!
default_laugh.png
Great ideas guys , I will try to attend whatever I can .

Dang we do it all the time at the Winter Nat's. How you think we get that killer boat count.

We have not had to call the cops YET!........ LOL

Well Joe is on hand if we need one.

I am getting great response from Florida Boaters and even those outside the Florida Area. They all want to be put on the Nitro Race List. I have the list up over 130 nitro boaters
default_biggrin.png

Who says we can't have races that will make some $$$ and be fun for the Nitro Boaters.

I do have a few that I don't have an email address for and would appreciate any help for those.

Mike Crawford, Wes Ellet, Randy Hagood, Mike Haynes, Ron Lauderdale, Mark Lawson, Rich Moore, Chuck Redding, Phil Thomas

There has been a lot of suggestions for specialty nitro races but with over 130 nitro boaters in Florida why can't we just have a regular district 3 sanctioned race with the normal nitro schedule.

A,B,C,X hydro and monos, scale and all the tunnel classes. Sorry if I have left any classes out.

Bill Hoch

There has been a lot of suggestions for specialty nitro races but with over 130 nitro boaters in Florida why can't we just have a regular district 3 sanctioned race with the normal nitro schedule.

A,B,C,X hydro and monos, scale and all the tunnel classes. Sorry if I have left any classes out.

Bill Hoch
Bill:

We sure will have nitro only D3 races next year. I have talked to 3 clubs, TMBC, Brandon, Jeremy's and we all will participate and probably each have a nitro only race of some kind. Might just be a regular heat race or a specialty race. Don't know yet. Once the TMBC guys get back from Charleston, we will be having a meeting to decide what and when to do something.

[SIZE=11pt]Class: AHydro Freq:____ Class: C Mono Freq:____[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Class: AStock Tunnel Freq:____ Class: Nitro Offshore Freq:____ [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Class: AMono Freq:____ Class: Scale Unlimited Freq:____[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Class: AMod OPC Tunnel Freq:____ Class: Sport 40 Freq:____[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Class: BHydro Freq:____ Class: Twin Nitro Rigger Freq:____[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Class: BMod OPC Tunnel Freq:____ Class: X Hydro Freq:____[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Class: B Mono Freq:____ Class: X Mono Freq:____[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Class: C Hydro Freq:____ [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]As you can see, we have too many nitro classes too.[/SIZE]

Bill Hoch
Bill:

We sure will have nitro only D3 races next year. I have talked to 3 clubs, TMBC, Brandon, Jeremy's and we all will participate and probably each have a nitro only race of some kind. Might just be a regular heat race or a specialty race. Don't know yet. Once the TMBC guys get back from Charleston, we will be having a meeting to decide what and when to do something.

[SIZE=11pt]Class: AHydro Freq:____ Class: C Mono Freq:____[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Class: AStock Tunnel Freq:____ Class: Nitro Offshore Freq:____ [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Class: AMono Freq:____ Class: Scale Unlimited Freq:____[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Class: AMod OPC Tunnel Freq:____ Class: Sport 40 Freq:____[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Class: BHydro Freq:____ Class: Twin Nitro Rigger Freq:____[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Class: BMod OPC Tunnel Freq:____ Class: X Hydro Freq:____[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Class: B Mono Freq:____ Class: X Mono Freq:____[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Class: C Hydro Freq:____ [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]As you can see, we have too many nitro classes too.[/SIZE]
Marty

I look forward to the nitro races next year. Wow, when you see it written out there are a lot of classes.

Bill

Back