Winternats dates?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty, Ron and i were just talking about the separate races, maybe all gas one day nitro the other just food for thought

Yes Marty, At our last D3 meeting i submitted a request for discussion to have nitro and gas run separate high points on separate weekends from one another. not to say one is better than the other but because we are just holding each other back from growth for nitro and gas(my opinion).My submission was turned down and now the winter nats is coming up and it is apparent by the current entries there that nitro is not favored by the racers or the host.

If we would like nitro to stay alive and strong we need to come up with something that is new and have proper support from both the clubs that would like to hold nitro events and the racers that run nitro class's. We can not develop something and in 6 months have racers not show up to races and let it die.

I for one love running nitro and really enjoy this hobby and I know all of you that run nitro do it not because you have too but because you share the same love for it as I do.

I am happy to speak speak with others my ideas and welcome all opinions on your ideas as well on setting something up for a nitro series in Florida and help keep nitro alive.

Jeremy

Remember nothing will exist or grow without an opportunity for it to grow and exist. Years ago district 3 members signed up for the winternats in late november and december. Here it is september four months before and it is just about sold out . As of today Eighty five percent of the entries is gas ,and the remaining 15 percent nitro. This race used to be 100 % nitro and no gas. The hobby has changed were more and more people are running gas. But if we continue to run races with gas and nitro combined with a limit on entries and gas takes up the majority of the entries then nitro will have no opportunity to run and will eventually die out. If the gas classes have grown let them continue to grow ,but not at the expense of the nitro classes. Don't we all want rc boating to grow and expand. I think Martys idea for seperate races is the right thing to do for the sport of rc boating. And even have there own division in there sanctioning bodies. We don't have electrics with gas or nitro and they have grown and become there own division ,and have there own races for the most part. If gas/nitro have our own divisions and races then nobody loses opportunity to run . Then nobody will be forced to give-up a class to run another simple because there is no opportunity. If they do give-up a class it will be due to rc boaters choosing not to run the class anymore and not to FORCED CHOICE. If we keep in mind what is best for hobby/sport overall and not our individual wants

usually the sport will grow and benefit all and not just a few. Thanks for reading. Dan McCormick NAMBA 221 District 3

Remember nothing will exist or grow without an opportunity for it to grow and exist. Years ago district 3 members signed up for the winternats in late november and december. Here it is september four months before and it is just about sold out . As of today Eighty five percent of the entries is gas ,and the remaining 15 percent nitro. This race used to be 100 % nitro and no gas. The hobby has changed were more and more people are running gas. But if we continue to run races with gas and nitro combined with a limit on entries and gas takes up the majority of the entries then nitro will have no opportunity to run and will eventually die out. If the gas classes have grown let them continue to grow ,but not at the expense of the nitro classes. Don't we all want rc boating to grow and expand. I think Martys idea for seperate races is the right thing to do for the sport of rc boating. And even have there own division in there sanctioning bodies. We don't have electrics with gas or nitro and they have grown and become there own division ,and have there own races for the most part. If gas/nitro have our own divisions and races then nobody loses opportunity to run . Then nobody will be forced to give-up a class to run another simple because there is no opportunity. If they do give-up a class it will be due to rc boaters choosing not to run the class anymore and not to FORCED CHOICE. If we keep in mind what is best for hobby/sport overall and not our individual wants

usually the sport will grow and benefit all and not just a few. Thanks for reading. Dan McCormick NAMBA 221 District 3
Well said +1

Last edited by a moderator:
Both Marty and Dan have hit the the nail on the head, i only see one obsticle that being the powers to be to ok it

We the members are the powers to be. Our elected officials are to do what the members want and vote the will of the membership. It is not a dictatorship thats why we vote. There is no executor privilege or decision. its up to us to make sure our voted officers due the will of its members. And of course we can do nothing and hope everything will be alright through inaction. ---DAN

We are at the point that the two need to separate for sure.

But how to accommodate it?

How many clubs will run two races a year?

Will there be enough nitro boats to make the races worth the time and expence for the clubs?

All sounds good but if you try it and it flops then what?

Will it all just go back to where we are now?

All you need is a petition to get it in front of the board.

I am the ONLY nitro boater in the club.

It is hard to hold the torch by your self with all the gas around you.

David:

With your club offering 1 heat for each class of nitro at the Winternats is kind of "forcing the hand" to make a change by nitro boaters isn't it?

I have spent a lot of time around this area building nitro back up and this really limits our race choices..

As for voting, we /you had a chance to vote and you did! In the usa you got CHANGE (hows that working?) In D3 you got what you asked for.

I say lets play boats. I enjoy both gas and nitro, but sitting around a lake all day to run a couple heats, with a limited amount of parking and setup area during the rut is not worth it. Good luck Ross and crew .

PS. gas is like living in FL, you really have to do very little to prepare for anything just sit back and watch the grass grow, take naps and see your doctor weekly till called to move on.

The powers to be can't stop nitro races. Do it out from under the the district high point rules. For how any years now have entrant's entry fees been going into something that is lopsided?

A second series of races can be run inside of district 3. It has been done in the past. The only thing in the way is participation.

A note to the rc boat racers in USA. A point to remember about letting nitro die on the vine. Once the members let nitro die and there is no more nitro racing the engine manufactures will no longer produce nitro engines for the US market.Why you ask? There will be no market for them to justify the expense and risk for their investment. Then all the boat manufactures that make nitro boats will dry up. Then hardware and prop manufactures will dry up. The fuel distributors will dry up. And yes some of the radio manufactures may dry up. Yes I know about the European market can sustain some of the engine manufactures and some of the classes like 21 and 90 engines, but not 45,67 and bigger displacement nitro engines over 90. Once the downward spiral accelerates to where there is no justification for investment in the rc boating industry investment stops and nitro boat racing dies. Then gas and electric is all that will prevail. If racers want to start up nitro racing sometime in the future then sport engines will have to be modified again until a market is established for the manufactures to justify the investment. And the process starts allover again.It could take many years or decades. I don't think any of us rcboaters want that to happen. I would ask all rc boaters in the USA to think seriously about letting nitro boat racing die. Once its dead ,it may come back,but without all supporting companies the odds would be slim. Food for thought. Support nitro and give all rc boaters a chance to run.

As for what David said about clubs running two separate races . Priorities and sacrifices will have to be made. Let the gas guys run the gas races,and the nitro guys run the nitro races. NOTHING GETS DONE ALL BY ITSELF. HUMAN EFFORT IS NEEDED. Its time to make a change and have our own series of racing . EVERYBODY WINS. Or watch the downward spiral continue. Thank for reading-DAN

Good point Danny.

It is easy for some to complain but when it comes time to SHOW UP at the races thy are no where to be found.

How many nitro boats do you think will come out on a regular basis to support a separate series?

Put all the BS behind and answer this question?

Easy to type on the key board showing up at a race and taking time out of your life is a different story.

Keep typing and not racing and nitro will surely die.

How many are willing to make the commitment to racing nitro boats in FL.

Every race in are district the gas classes sell out but only a few nitro classes make enough entires to run.

Nitro boaters are the first to complain but the last to show up for a race.

I do not run or own any gas boats and have to deal with both sides when race time comes up to try and promote the nitro agenda.

It is getting old.

Keep telling my self I don't need this head ache but I always come back to running my nitro boats at every race I can make.

I love burning nitro it is part of me now.

Enter the races and show up it is the answer no more no less!!!!

David:

With your club offering 1 heat for each class of nitro at the Winternats is kind of "forcing the hand" to make a change by nitro boaters isn't it?

I have spent a lot of time around this area building nitro back up and this really limits our race choices..
Marty

I run both nitro and gas and I think the only reason that there is one heat per nitro class per round is because of the low number of entries. There are 7 "B" hydros entered and that is the largest

nitro class. I would think if more nitro boats sign up there would be more heats per class. I am in favor of separating nitro and gas if that would help the nitro ranks. I have always been a nitro guy and certainly don't want to see it die. Like Tom says "Lets get them signed up". Just my 2 cents.

Bill Hoch

Bill, the winter nats has cut the nitro heats and the nitro class's are now 1 heat for each nitro class.

So the 7 b hydros is all that is being allowed for that class.

David:

Marty

I run both nitro and gas and I think the only reason that there is one heat per nitro class per round is because of the low number of entries. There are 7 "B" hydros entered and that is the largest

nitro class. I would think if more nitro boats sign up there would be more heats per class. I am in favor of separating nitro and gas if that would help the nitro ranks. I have always been a nitro guy and certainly don't want to see it die. Like Tom says "Lets get them signed up". Just my 2 cents.

Bill Hoch
Ok I will call a horse a horse it is the club putting on the race that should be held to answer the reason why???? Any one in power there to reply????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Bill, the winter nats has cut the nitro heats and the nitro class's are now 1 heat for each nitro class.

So the 7 b hydros is all that is being allowed for that class.
Jeremy

I stand corrected. I didn't notice the cut off point for each nitro class. Do you think that is the reason for low turnout? Marty's race has a bunch of nitro boats, where are all those folks?

Bill

Tom I am the only one in are club that is a member of IW being the only nitro boater in our club.

Maybe if you give Ross a call (407 375 1010) you can get it right from the horses mouth.

Even better go to Jim's and start asking question over there.

That might spark the response you are looking for.

The only power I have is running the retrieve boat as no one else has the time as thy are so attentive with there gas boats and having fun.

I don't even have a boat entered as there is no time to race for me.

Any one wanting to get in to the race needs to -------"EMAIL"--------Ross at [email protected]

We will be more than happy to accommodate every nitro boat that wants to run.

You need to do this---- NOW -----!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a very large race and it take lots of planing to set up the heats.

We can only run so many heats in 3 days.

The boat count is 285 as of now.

We need to now how many are coming so please let us know this week so we can set the heats.

All classes are still open.

Back