2023 NItro Winter Championships / Brandon, FL

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Grannis

Supporting Member
"CORRECTED DATES"

2023 NITRO WINTER CHAMPIONSHIPS: Brandon Model Boaters Dover, FL

Contest Director: Mark Grannis
Open Water Thursday 1/19/23 - Qualifying Rounds Friday 1/20/2023 & Saturday 1/21/2023 - Championship Sunday 1/22/2023.
Entry date to be scheduled no later than 10/15/22. Flyer to be posted late September.

First three rounds are Qualifying Rounds and will run Friday & Saturday with the Championship Rounds running Sunday. The top 6 places to advance to the Championship Rounds of two heats. If 6th place finisher can't advance then 7th place will be offered to fill the last slot of the Championship Rounds and so on until 6 boats are filled.

First place from the qualifying rounds will enter the 2 Championship rounds with 6 points. Second place will enter Championship Rounds with 5 points...and so on thorough 6th place with 1 point. Any ties from the Qualifying Rounds will be broken by the best score posted from the third round. If still tied, the second round's best score will break the tie....then to the first round if necessary. If still tied, both competitors will enter the Championship Rounds with the same point value.

5 Boats to make a class for Gift Certificate & 3 boats to run a class. Nitro classes currently planned to be offered are B,D,E,F Hydro & Mono; O/B's, Sport 20 & 40, 1/8 scale, Single Engine F Hydro & Multi Engine.

Last edited:
Turns out the Winter Nats had also posted the same week of 1/13/23-1/15/23. Therefore, to promote "RC Boat Racing" the Brandon Model Boaters has moved the Nitro Winter Championships race to the following weekend. See first message.

MG

Sport 20 was ran there in 2019, 2020, 2021(Huntsville) and they all had two heats per round if memory serves me correct. I was scratching my head why it wasn’t offered in 2022. Always a great time at this race.

No not yet , 8 classes , 32 heats 64 trips up and down the drivers stand plus pitting for Mark in 3 classes and thrashing on the Twin I ran out of steam and give a **** lol .
Sounds like my weekend especially the twin thrashing and running out of steam. Lol

Back