Trailer - Keep it Simple ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Denver has the best gas prices in the country at the moment. We are paying around $3.15 for regular and as much as $3.50 in some of the outlying areas. It will be interesting to see exactly how much politics plays a role in fuel prices during an election year.

It hit $4.00 a gallon this morning in South Haven along the Lake Michigan shoreline.

Started a remodel of my trailor this weekend looks much better carpet gone boats racks are next to go in

Kind of off-topic by a hair but has anyone installed a camera on the back of their trailer? I've thought about this as in the rear-view mirror all I see is black. I like to be able to see behind me on the road and it might come in handy for backing up.
Ron,

Auto Zone has the perfect wireless back-up camera setup that would work with your trailer. Will use your running lights power, or you could power from your trailer battery, for the camera and the monitor will easily mount in your cab.

Last edited by a moderator:
New 5X8 trailer fits in the garage so I can leave boats and equipment packed. Holds euipment and even a dingy for testing at the pond. Mileage up from 10-11 to 15-16. Downsizing.

Mic

Trailer 2102 022.JPGTrailer 2102 024.JPGTrailer 2102 025.JPG

Mike,

Please excuse my ignorance, but what do you do about boat stands once you get to the lake? All my boats are on thier stands and sit on wire racks in my trailer. (I guess I shoud show pics <_< )

My neighbor's wife calls it my "portable man cave". Her husband had a Sport's Illustrated Swimsuit Beach towel that she threw in the back of my trailer and told me she was donating it to the cause. He's not too happy about it but I am thrilled,

BTW this is my latest addition to my rig, the kids had a blast with it at the last race.

This was Rob Holland's kids at our last District Race.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the "Passport" cargo trailer. If you can afford it go tandem! It makes all the difference in towing and at the lake. You don't have to use stabilizers even though mine has them.

D

I bought the "Passport" cargo trailer. If you can afford it go tandem! It makes all the difference in towing and at the lake. You don't have to use stabilizers even though mine has them.

D
Where did you get the racks and do just the notches hold the racks on to the conduit??

Walt Barney

Herzog racing Bungee or ty strap to conduit . Easily removable if you need to haul other stuff

Back