Scale and Thunder Boat Graphics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No sweat Greg if you want to PayPal me the address is [email protected]

John glad you like them. When you are ready for the T-Plus we'll check out some pics and make sure we are on the right boat. I have a base set and then a bunch of different smaller sponsors for different races. We'll settle on the one you want and go from there.

Ok guys I'm out....I'll be checking in from time to time on my iPad from LA....

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys I'm back from the NAMBA Nats and I'm a little fried. Meaning slightly sunburned and very exhausted. I will back in today getting things back to normal. I have a pretty light load this month and I will also be getting back to making the molds that I have been trying to get done for a few months now. All of my boats came back from the Nationals pretty well intact so I have minimal wrenching to do to get back to district racing so I can do some drawing of custom stuff and some building as well.

BTW a weird issue I have noticed regarding international shipping...Orders going to Canada are sometimes having long delays. I am not sure of why but I sent something to Ontario on 6/1 and customs kicked it back to me for improper paperwork. ??? Never had that issue before. Maybe you guys up closer to the border can enlighten me. Resent it on 6/5 and it hadn't arrived by 6/24. I thought it weird because a shipment that left the same day to NZ arrived before the Canadian one has. Go figure.

Something I wanted to throw out there just to see if someone else has experienced the same issues. I sent off two orders the same day. One going to Ontario, Canada...the other going to New Zealand. The one going to Canada just got there after being sent on June 5. Thirty days roughly. The one going to New Zealand arrived two weeks ago. ???? Is this normal? I don't remember Canadian customs being this slow. Maybe some of you that have experience shipping to Canada more frequently than I do can shed some light on this.

BTW I have added a few more screen shots and some more Gallery Photos will go up today. I'm going to be splitting the Gallery into sections soon as more Thunderboats and other boats are being completed. There have been some Gas Sport boats and Crackerboxes of late I have done stuff for as well as the Thunderboats.

Mike Canada post is on some sort of strike. Also sending items has become a pia. I was charges a brokerage fee from FEDEX and it was high....no vasoline OUCH OUCH

Mike Canada post was on strick for about a month but are now back to work. I have found out it takes about 2 weeks to get items from the USA to Canada.

keith

Ok was just curious because I've never had this much delay going to Canada before. From here USPS says 7-10 business days and for the most part that has been the case. Never had one go 30 days from date of shipment though. Thanks Keith.

Mike I see what you mean about FEDEX. I just estimated a shipment though them and that is painful. I have two more shipments going that way soon and I want to make sure my customers realize there could be big delays or very high costs. :eek:

Ok two quick things....one I have a set of '63 Tahoe Miss graphics that I made for a customer and his payment never posted and I won't get into the details but they are available. Normally they are $50 plus shipping. They are now $30 shipped...I need to get em out of here.

Second I will be out of the office again starting 7/22. I will be back on 8/1. No boat racing this time...I'm going to Wyoming to catch big fish.

Ok two quick things....one I have a set of '63 Tahoe Miss graphics that I made for a customer and his payment never posted and I won't get into the details but they are available. Normally they are $50 plus shipping. They are now $30 shipped...I need to get em out of here.

Second I will be out of the office again starting 7/22. I will be back on 8/1. No boat racing this time...I'm going to Wyoming to catch big fish.

Mike,

Can I get my decals before you split town, good luck fishing

Thanks, Kevin

No problem Kevin...I've been held up a little tha last week by not having any transfer tape. The stuff I use is mostly clear low to medium tack tape and I placed an order from my supplier a couple of weeks ago. Instead of sending me two rolls of clear and two rolls of regular tape, which is dense like regular masking tape, they sent me 4 rolls or the regular. Makes it kind of tough doing layered graphics. I'm expecting the replacements today or tomorrow at the latest. I'll have it out shortly. ;)

Ok I am back from my fishing pilgrimage to Wyoming. I have minimal work on the board so I am going to spend this week getting that stuff drawn and out then I will be back to working on plugs and molds for parts.

If you have tried to email me this past week or so and gotten it bounced back or no response at all it's because my webhost had a major hardware failure last week and email was down for a couple days. They pooled all incoming emails until it was fixed and then delivered them a few at a time so I got some days after they were sent. Then when they restored things some of my settings had been changed and my account was so clogged up I couldn't send and receive. All is fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Five new sets...ok four and a half since the Valken is not finished yet...have been added from 2011. Also a beauty shot of Joe Steiman's beautiful 1/4 actual turbine '91 Winston Eagle has been added. I redid graphics that Joe had originally gotten and I drew some new ones to make the San Diego version of the boat. I also made him some custom access hatches on the deck. So if anyone has a question about whether of not I can make decals in anything other than 1/8 scale this should answer that. This boat is awesome!

If you have tried to email me this past week or so and gotten it bounced back or no response at all it's because my webhost had a major hardware failure last week and email was down for a couple days. They pooled all incoming emails until it was fixed and then delivered them a few at a time so I got some days after they were sent. Then when they restored things some of my settings had been changed and my account was so clogged up I couldn't send and receive. All is fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
What happen to my T Boat Miss US stuff did that order get lost?? You thought you sent it? I got the first order but not the last one.

What happen to my T Boat Miss US stuff did that order get lost?? You thought you sent it? I got the first order but not the last one.
It hasn't left yet. USPS is scheduled to pick up tomorrow.
OK Thanks Mike

It's been a bit hectic around here with a lot of work in September with a lot of jobs I had to be on site for and not in the office. Things are slowing down for a while now and the race season is over so I will be back on decals for the next few weeks almost exclusively. I got 5 sets out of here today and more are going out the rest of the week. I should be all caught up shortly. I have added screen shots of new 2011 sets like the U-21 Tapout and more 2011 hulls will be coming soon. I have also updated the 94-95 Smokin' Joe's with some additional smaller sponsor decals to give a wider variety of options.

Also with the emergence of the Gas Scale class on the horizon I have already resized almost all of my catalog with separate files for 1/6th Scale Gas hulls. Plus many have already been done in 1/10th scale already for FE.

It's been a busy couple of weeks and I have gotten all but a couple of sets out. As soon as I finish I get more piled on since winter projects are getting ramped up. I have also added two new 2011 boat sets. The Red Dot and the Valken.com are now available. So now 6 sets are available from the 2011 H1 fleet. Also I have a library of printed access hatches, aluminum caps, vents and emergency handles and hartches that will be up soon. The deck access hatches are available in a variety of shapes like square and rectangular with rounded corners and metallic screw heads.

Just a quick note about the holidays....If you are doing a winter build and are wanting graphics before the end of the year the last day to order for a 2011 delivery will be December 16th. I will be out of the office the week prior to Christmas and the week between Christmas and the New Year. I'm in the office this week trying to clear off the backlog from prior to Thanksgiving. That and I guess everyone was bored and got into building mode this past weekend because I got hammered with a bunch of new orders. I'll have all of these off the boards before I take a holiday break.

I should have some updates soon for the website as well. One more 2011 boat is being drawn and several more from the 60's and 70's as well. Merry Christmas y'all! B)

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all! I was planning to be out of the office until 1/3 but I will be popping in for a couple of days next week to finish out stuff that is on the boards for 2011. Some new stuff that will be posted on my site for 2012 will be new striping kits for a number of boats like all of the Winston Eagle boats, some Atlases and others. Plus all new escape hatches and handles for the turbine style hulls and hatch handles in gold metallic for the Bud T3-6 hulls.

Also for 2012 I will be changing some shipping procedures. Until now I have been using USPS priority. They have notified me that there Priority rates are going up and some Priority services are being eliminated. Plus, for international shipments I will try to avoid using USPS Priority International as I have discovered that they have very poor tracking or no tracking at all for certain sizes. So for International I may have to switch to Fedex or UPS which does offer point to point tracking. It is more expensive but it will allow international customers to track their shipments which USPS does not on flat rate envelopes and small boxes. Whichever way I go you will know the options up front.

Hope Santa brings you lots of new boat stuff to build and have a great holiday season.

Mike

Back