Scale and Thunder Boat Graphics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have begun to post some screen shot of various graphics sets. Eventually I will have them all up but I haven't figured out this silly watermarking system yet. That and I have some videos to post but due to some issues with my host they have not made it up yet. I've got a few individual heats from races of the past that I'll post dating back to the mid 70's. I've got 5 sets on the boards right now but 4 will be off in the next few days and then I'll get back to it so you can watch old hydro races and waste time at work....but if your boss busts you don't blame me.

BTW the sets will pop up in a new window and look similar to this

2010MissPetersMayT4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I'm back down to a manageable level now as I've cranked out 11 sets in a little over two weeks. Only a couple left on the boards. I have added the 2010 U-13 Spirit of Detroit/Miss DYC as well. That one os the mother of all decal sets. I lost count how many there are. I have a few more to add soon. One more thing that will be coming out soon as well is I am having some 1/8 scale hardware being made. There will be a floor mounted motor mount, a rudder assembly and blade and a custom turn fin bracket. There will also be cowls and canopies in 1/8 scale and 1/6 scale for all of the Circus/Miller boats available in a couple of months as well. Plugs and molds are being made right now...stay tuned.

Well a few more sets and new screen shots have been added to the website. Some of these are ones that I have done now a second time. The reason being is that there were a few sets that I had drawn years ago and did not get backed up to the external hard drive. When I had the robbery a few years back and the computer was stolen obviously they were gone. For whatever reason I didn't notice then they had not be redrawn. I did still have the original CD with parts and pics so all of the Bud sets from 90-93 are almost complete now. A few more shovelnoses have been added as well with several more coming. How am I getting all this done? Well, I am taking advantage of some down time in my commercial video business. This is kind of a mellow time of year and it ramps up later in the Spring.

I am also in the process of building cowl and cockpit molds for the Circus and Miller hulls of the late 80's. There will be two cockpit and nose sections. One is the shorter nose that appeared in Miller and Circus schemes from 1988 to 1990. The other will be the longer nose that appeared on the 1888 Blue Sided Circus and the 1989 Circus School Bus backup hull as well as the 1991 American Spirit. The cowl and airscoop will match either cockpit. Patterned slightly after the old RC SportsCraft pieces with some modifications. The sides of the cockpit will be fixed to be more symetrical to fit a 5" tub better. Plus the clown frown airscoop is being changed and will hopefully be the most scale appearing available. The plugs are about 60 completed and I hope to have the molds ready in about 2-3 weeks. The same pieces are also going to be produced for 1/6 scale for Gas Scales as well.

One other thing I added at the request of a few newer boaters was a quick guide to applying decals to your boat. Several guys have asked when they got decals on the best way to do it. I'll have some pictures to go with each of the steps soon as I'll be doing my own boat here in the next week or so. If you have a special situation you are more then welcome to call or email.

Ok just a quick update. I will be out of the office actually having to work next week. I have several sound and video events next week and I will be on site which means I won't be here. I am going to spend some time in the shop this weekend getting a few more in stock sets out before I have to work. Man that sounds like such a dirty word...anyway I have some custom stuff still on the boards that I may not get to until late next week and then I have a race. Yes I am actually going to race for the first time in almost two years and with a new scale boat. Then I will be back on graphics stuff the following Monday.

On the hardware front I am still waiting on my machine shop guy to give me a per unit price on the motor mounts, skid fin brackets and rudder assemblies. As soon as he does I will start a run of each. For now it will be for 1/8 scales only.

The 1/8 scale plugs for the 88-90 Circus/Miller cockpits are done. The plus for the cowl and Clown Frown airscoop are almost done. As soon as I have one out of the molds I will post pics.

Ok just a quick update. I will be out of the office actually having to work next week. I have several sound and video events next week and I will be on site which means I won't be here. I am going to spend some time in the shop this weekend getting a few more in stock sets out before I have to work. Man that sounds like such a dirty word...anyway I have some custom stuff still on the boards that I may not get to until late next week and then I have a race. Yes I am actually going to race for the first time in almost two years and with a new scale boat. Then I will be back on graphics stuff the following Monday.

On the hardware front I am still waiting on my machine shop guy to give me a per unit price on the motor mounts, skid fin brackets and rudder assemblies. As soon as he does I will start a run of each. For now it will be for 1/8 scales only.

The 1/8 scale plugs for the 88-90 Circus/Miller cockpits are done. The plus for the cowl and Clown Frown airscoop are almost done. As soon as I have one out of the molds I will post pics.

Mike,

I would like to be on the top of the list for a "school bus" cowling. I'm rebuilding my boat and need a new cowling. RC Boat company sells them for $85, will you be competetive with them.

You mentioned motor mounts, I thought you had a build thread on here at one time showing a motor mount for hull bottom mounting that was very narrow, if that was you could you send me a pic please.

thanks,

Kevin

Mike,

I would like to be on the top of the list for a "school bus" cowling. I'm rebuilding my boat and need a new cowling. RC Boat company sells them for $85, will you be competetive with them.

You mentioned motor mounts, I thought you had a build thread on here at one time showing a motor mount for hull bottom mounting that was very narrow, if that was you could you send me a pic please.

thanks,

Kevin

Mike,

Is Mid-April a possibility on a cowling being available?

Kevin

Here are pics from the build thread that was in the old gallery.

Here is the School Bus Cowling. This was an original RC Sportscraft piece that came from Jeff Hunter's mold that Troy McIntire had.

IMG_0147.jpg

Here is a shot of the back of the cockpit. You can see how the flares on each side from the windsheild break on down are not symetrical. I am made new templates for formers for both cockpits and the airscoop and cowl so that both cockpits will match the same cowl. I am also shortening the nose somewhat of the School Bus cockpit as it is a tad too long. I'll post a pic of the shorter cockpit as soon as I take a shot of it

IMG_0150.jpg

Here is a shot of the shorter cockpit for the Miller and Circus Pink Lady from my build in 2006. The airscoop and cowl pictured are not as scale as they should be so I have built a new plug with better contours.

IMG_0467.jpg

Here is the motor mount. It's just narrow because there is no motor in it. It is a borrowed design from a mount I had in a boat I bought. I raised the height because the flywheel would not clear on the original wihout blocking it up. I also changed the angles as the original was too shallow.

IMG_1056.jpg

Late April to early may might be a more realistic estimate on the cowl parts. I haven't determined prices on them yet.

Ok I'm back down to a manageable level now as I've cranked out 11 sets in a little over two weeks. Only a couple left on the boards. I have added the 2010 U-13 Spirit of Detroit/Miss DYC as well. That one os the mother of all decal sets. I lost count how many there are. I have a few more to add soon. One more thing that will be coming out soon as well is I am having some 1/8 scale hardware being made. There will be a floor mounted motor mount, a rudder assembly and blade and a custom turn fin bracket. There will also be cowls and canopies in 1/8 scale and 1/6 scale for all of the Circus/Miller boats available in a couple of months as well. Plugs and molds are being made right now...stay tuned.
Hey Mike any plans for cowls for the Atlas Van Lines boats ?

What year Atlas? I may at some point do one for the 83 Atlas that will also do the Squire as well but it may be a while.

Mike are you going to do decal sets for the bigger gas 1/6 scale hulls? Heard you may have wing sets as well. This is for a 1982 Bud with the offset being on the right side.

thanks in advance.

Brent all my sets are originally a 1/8 scale set but within a few seconds I can scale up or down. For the 1/6 scale sets I typically upscale 17-20% depending on what hull it is. As far as wing sets go I am working out the dimensions and will hopefully have plugs made to mold later this spring for a couple of boats.

Brent all my sets are originally a 1/8 scale set but within a few seconds I can scale up or down. For the 1/6 scale sets I typically upscale 17-20% depending on what hull it is. As far as wing sets go I am working out the dimensions and will hopefully have plugs made to mold later this spring for a couple of boats.
Mike can you start working on a set for me please, decals for 1982 U-1 Bud hull 1/6 scale, that and anything else I can get from you be it wings, cowling whatever I can get.

Brent I will do that...actuallI have all but the driver name and I will have a pic of that soon.

I have redrawn a few sets like both of the Thriftway Too boats, the mahogany and the white, to include the deck striping. Plus a few more shovelnose sets have been added.

I have the basic plugs for the Circus/Miller cowls done. Jusgt some more block sanding and fitting is needed and then I will start on the molds this weekend. I also have Lexan windshields for those cowls as well as the windshields for the 93102.5 hull Coors/Circus/Exide.More will be coming soon.

Two new boats have been added to the gallery as well...my 78 Circus and Butch Londrigan's 2003 E-Lam

Ok I've been a running at a breakneck speed of late. It's been a little busy on both the Graphics side of things as well as my regular business. Oh and throw in trying to get ready to go to LA for NAMBA nationals and you can see I've been getting very little sleep. I'll be available for IN STOCK sets until June 10th. Custom orders I probably will not get to until I get back on June 26th. Everything I have on the boards now will be done and out before I leave.

Well, you better get caught up, because I think about 12 frame kits sold this week alone!!! HAHAHA, your gonna be tired, your gonna be tired!!!

I do wanna say, I totally support Mike's decal sets. I feel they are some of the most accurate decals available and they look really good on an ML Boatworks laser cut scale hydro!

Well the Automated Postage Center at my local post office and I have been getting really well aquainted this week. Last load of sets is going out today before I take time off for the NAMBA Nationals. I will be back to work on 6/27.

No problem Greg...shipping to Australia runs about $15 and takes anywhere from 5-10 business days to arrive depending on how slammed customs is. The prices for all of my sets are on my website. I was going to say that I wished I could have seen your post before today or I could have done you set Friday before I left because I just did two sets on Friday. Problem is I have dome so many Winson sets, Lobster and others the past few months I ran out of gold vinyl. I placed an order for that and other colors I was low on Friday so it will be here when I get back. BTW the Lobster will be available with the gold for the eagle on the side of the cockpit now thanks to Mike at ML Boatworks. His CAD file has been converted to a cut file for my purposes. It's not pictured on my site yet but I will add it soon.

Back