ML Boatworks "State of the Scale kits" address, New items and future plans

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike,

It was your kits that allowed my son David and I to build 1/6 scale gassers under rules that Marty got approved by NAMBA.

We truly thank you for allowing some of us so so builders to build something from ground up and have them be competitive. His ended up being the 78 Circus and mine the U76 No Name.

They are a hoot and we have you to thank.

Bill Brandt

The kit looks great Mike! So does the cowl for the Gas kit. That should really help having another cowl for the Gas kits. Once again... Great work!

Fred

Wow Bill, thanks so much, very kind words. I could tell talking to Marty at Tri Cities just how much he wants the gas class to succeed, and I think its definitely going to be huge. I am pretty sure there are 50 or more new boats for gas class being built right now, maybe more if I look at the numbers.

Thanks again Fred!

Mike

Nice website Mike!! like the scale hydros.. a gas scale will probably be next project for me if i get time to work on my own stuff this winter... :p thanks for sharing here..

Thank you Richard. I have so much more work to do on the website, it kills me every time I think about it! Its getting there tho. Let me know if I can help you with any questions or a kit. Mike

I am very interested in your88 Strohs Light kit when you complete it. I remember seeing it that year in Evansville. It looks like you are very busy, but do you have an idea when you might have a kit ready to sell? By the way, your selection is amazing, and by reading and listening to other boaters the quality of your kits excellent. Thanks for all your help.

I hope over the next couple months to visit the Strohs. I have all the info gathered, just need the design time! And again, thanks for the kind words! Mike

I planned on doing the Stroh Light a few years ago. Got a lot of pics from Roger Newton and was even able to contact the original owner doing a search on the net. He provided a few more pics. Started drawing plans but got side tracked with other things.

I would love to see the pics you got from the original owner Glenn. David and I already discussed the pics his dad took, but I would love anything additional you might like to share, mainly the details of the non trip to sponson attachment as it is different than most all other boats out there! The good thing is the U-21 Eliminator I have done will be perfect as a base for the Strohs as they were sister boats, along with the Renalt hull. Mike

I will be looking for the kit or some type of announcement then. Thanks. I didnt know that the Eliminator was a sister hull the Strohs. I remember seeing the Eliminator in Evansville I believe in 1987. Unfortunatly, they couldnt get the boat to keep going at the time. Learn something new everday I guess. Again thanks for the help.

I would love to see the pics you got from the original owner Glenn. David and I already discussed the pics his dad took, but I would love anything additional you might like to share, mainly the details of the non trip to sponson attachment as it is different than most all other boats out there! The good thing is the U-21 Eliminator I have done will be perfect as a base for the Strohs as they were sister boats, along with the Renalt hull. Mike
The owner sent me a very nice 8 x 12 trailer shot and some info (which I can't find). All the detail shots came from Roger. He printed 20 pictures (4 per page 8 1/2 x 11) on white paper. David should have a good shot of any angle your looking for.

Thanks Glenn. I probably have most of those.

Here is Don's Elam 171 Extreme series build. He got a lot done over a 2 week span! Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
As mentioned earlier in this thread, more frames are being done every day, and I am branching off and doing some Extreme Series 1/8th scale kits that include some extras, deeper design thoughts, a guaranteed proper cowling fitment with RC Boat Company cowlings (proper width, deck curvature, and cockpit curvature), custom center section pans that are toy tabbed to the crossmembers for a perfect square fitment. Each extreme kit may have its own little nitch that makes it a better kit, but all the extreme series kits are built for maximum build quality, maximum squareness, weight reduction, etc.

-1/10th scale 7701 now available ( Blue Blaster Atlas Van Lines)- standard kit

-1/8th scale 8721 U-21 Eliminator now available- This is an Extreme Series kit (includes toy tabed floor pan and 3 piece design)

-1/8th scale 171, 9299, 9516, etc- This Extreme series kit is now available as an offset hull for boats like the Elam, and a centered engine well hull for the others!

-1/8th scale Extreme Series T6 Bud/ Modern hulls like the 2012 Spirit of Qatar/ 2012 Oberto, etc. now available. This kit comes with a fully modified engine well that is the exact correct width to work with the RC Boatcompany cowling, and floor pan that is toy tabbed and has the proper curvature for the cockpit. It also comes with a front canard plate, front canard spar, rear shoe outline is put into the sponson keelson plate, it comes with a jig to help properly shape the cockpit area while you glue it...and many other changes over the normal T6 frame kit. See the pics below!
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Back