Penrith Sydney Australia

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Mortlock

Hi All

Just a quick update to find out who of us was going up on Sunday the 16th.

Hey Tim D

Whats the go mate out there Today at Penrith 44.3 Degrees Centegrade and for those overseas

111.74 farenheit.For those that dont know Penrith is where the pond is.

Whats the plan for Sunday if its that Hot do we leave the boats on the bank and sit in the pond and empty our eskys (coolers)and drink all the beer. :D

cheers

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a little "warm" wasn't it :huh:

A bit sore today from Sun Burn. Hope you guys had fun at your first race day.

See ya next race day!

Tim.

Besides the hot temperatures was a great day for me. Tim, should of had the 30+++++ on! Thanks for your help and the use of yor props to try.

Very happy with the Villain/SS stock combo. B)

See you there next race day - Chris and Greg, hope you guys can make it.

Chris, let me know about that K&B order, I'd like to get the flywheel for the 7.5 along with the retaining bolts and collet.

Gino

Hi all.

I had a ball of fun! I annoyed my entire work because all I talked about was boat racing. :D I learn,t a lot with racing but as for my boat..... I'll plank the sponsons and then play around with the setup. Hopefully it will be a little more responsive to alterations and ride a bit better in the water.

I'm now determined to beat gino, so we will see what happens. I'll play around with the hotshot at the moment but I may get those plans off you Tim. I want to build a bigger and faster boat.

I look's like I'll not be able to make it on the 26th (Australia day) I think that I have a pre planed BBQ to go to. :( I'll see if I can come up for the morning.

Gino: If you work out the part number's of what you want that will make it a lot easier for me. I don't think that I'll be able to get the part's by 26th.

Cheers

Chris

Hi guys

It was a great day wasnt it no complaints from me.

Nice to meet all you guys and have a chat it was great to see everyone face to face instead of typing.

I think theres something in this 21 tunnel thing. i think if we can get a few of us up there we will have some great fun running these boats im keen to get one up and running myself.We might get mark there next time as well.

Thanks Tim for all your help with our boats and driving tips its very much appreciated for us new guys.

Gino ive bought from www.mecoa.com

and using paypal i found them great for getting the parts i needed for my 7.5 but i dont think you would get them by the 26th but you might.

I wont be going up on the 26th but will be there on the 13th of Feb.

greg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

Looks like I've miscalculated the club days - I thought there was a race day on the weekend after the 26th ie Sunday 30th - but I was wrong :blink: I will leave it until the 13th of Feb as well.

Greg, hopefully by then I will have the 7.5 back together again and we can have a run. <_<

Chris, part numbers are:

Flywheel old no. 20-8722 new no. 8796

collet old no. 19-6101 new no. 6557

flywheel screw old no. 25-8797 new no. 8797

I'm pretty sure if you quote the new numbers you should be right

Thanks

Gino

It looks like Gary has my last 21 O/B tunnel hull up for sale on ebay.

ebay link

Looks like he's going to get a lot more for it than what I sold it for - I should have asked for more! :lol:

Guys,

what is the next race/practice day at Penrith?

Whilst in the USA I purchased new SX motor & ordered new Lynx tht should arrive soon.

I'm keen to play!

Mark

Hi Mark

hope the trip was good,the 26th Aust Day there is a meeting,My next day out at penrith will be the 13th Feb not sure what the other guys are up to.

hope to see you out there.

Greg

I won't be there on Australia Day guys :(

Mark,

Make sure you strip that engine down and clean everything before you run it.

Tim.

Hey Tim, help me out here, what is required? What do I need to do? Should I have done the same with my OS MAX .21 as well?

Mark

There have been a few reports of the latest K&B engines being full of machining swarf etc.... Pull it apart and check it thoroughly before putting fuel thru it! Check that the bearing feel smooth too.

Nah - not a problem with OS.

OK guys,

are you ready for the 13th yet?

How about a role call?

I know Greg (GMorty) will be there, who else is bringing a tunnel along?

Tim.

HI all

I'll be there.

I'm still trying to get my friend to join the club. Coming up andrew?

Hay Tim are you going to bring along a tunnel???????

Chris

Chris,

I don't own a tunnel! I sold my last one about a year ago.

I'll probably bring a rigger or 2 though.

Tim.

:D :D :D Ill be there with my dumas hot shot sprint K&B 3.5. Its exactly the same as chris's. Dunno if it will be competetive but. I snaped a rod, and im running an old style round one with a pipe timed piston/sleeve. It wont even beat Chris's boat at the moment! B) I Got a new rod & stuff on order. So anyway, ill be there to join the club and meet you all. C U all there.

PS: Chris & Gino, do you two wanna organise to take 1 car or something? Let me know.

Hi All

Andrew: good to hear!!!!!!!! :D

Tim: I know that you don't have a tunnel but I was just checking to see if you had slapped something together before our next meet. To show us newbie's how it's done! :D :D :D :D

Gino: I'll give you a call tomorrow for an update on stuff.

Chris

Andrew,

It's not always a case of the fastest boats winning, especially with tunnels!

See you there on the 13th. You'll see what I mean!

Chris,

I haven't started building one, and I'm the worlds slowest builder! I don't want to frighten you guys off either :lol: I'm happy helping you guys out as much as I can and it's easier for me to do that when I'm not racing against you all.

It's good to see some new guys coming into the nitro ranks and enjoying yourselves!!!

Greg got himself a 21 tunnel as well as his 45, so there will be 4 of you racing together in 21!

Tim.

Back