State of Affairs for RC Boat Racing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MY 20 years of observation of racing all over the south & south east is the Friendships is what brings people back to your races. IMPBA & NAMBA Politics destroys friendships & all forms of racing... Avoid your great political debates on Who is the Greatest of all time. Enjoy your friendships & Boat racing..... eat some great food.. & build some great Boats.... Pour up the Fuel & Spin the motor till we smell Fuel!!! Its all about the Fun Meter moving to the right for me.....
great post joe!!!
+1

I think that every club that has a race should have a tent setup with a sign that would say if interested in model boating this would be the place for them to come and get their information and have someone set there so that they would have somebody to talk to you. At every race. We have to let them know that they are invited to come in and talk to people so they can get interested. I believe that the stock beginner classes are the perfect way to go mom and dad probably won't go out and spend no more than maybe $200 we have to keep prices down. But I also believe that even though this class is started we need to have bigger turnouts. Like Joe Warren said it's not about always winning but helping the hobby. That's why I believe that beginner classes that allows no adjustments to the boats is the best way to go to get them into the hobby I even believe that a certain amount of fuel percentage should only be allowed also in that the only thing that could be played with is just the prop this would keep all the boats close together but yet let them allowed to learn how to work props and keep the race really close as well. it's more exciting to watch a boat race where all the boats are evenly matched again like Joe Warren says having fun and yet making great friends and exciting close races. My dream is to have a 8 scale show team where the boats don't outrun each other but yet they show the racing the closeness the excitement this can be done.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is funny how politics F's every thing up............................................................

I need a new boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
David, Get your Nitro Champs entry in. New boat soon!

Three days - 165 Nitro boats and counting. Nitro is not dead!
Will see....May be I will get that 1.27 going.................
default_huh.png

David you know the story.. Even when Bernie Sanders ran for position. it was Crooked Hillary from his own party shooting live ammo at him. he was expecting to be shot from the front ..... He had No idea someone would be shooting him in the Back.......
default_ohmy.png
default_ohmy.png
Some people think the world evolves around them....... I think she knows Different NOW!!!!!!
default_huh.png
default_huh.png

Joe I don't read story's any more thy never turn out the way I think thy will.

One day at a time for me now.....................

Got 6 gals of fresh Otto 50% just itching to be burned.

Now if I can get J to bring out the Big Bada Boom with those fresh full mod bullets in it???????????????????

Well may be not....
default_sad.png

David you know the story.. Even when Bernie Sanders ran for position. it was Crooked Hillary from his own party shooting live ammo at him. he was expecting to be shot from the front ..... He had No idea someone would be shooting him in the Back.......
default_ohmy.png
default_ohmy.png
Some people think the world evolves around them....... I think she knows Different NOW!!!!!!
default_huh.png
default_huh.png
COULD YOU NOT

Same thing today . We have to accept Nitro Boat Racing is now a Micro Hobby in our district . Time to separate gas and Nitro as there is simply not enough time to do both and do 4 rounds without excluding classes. Things have changed and it never will be like it was in the 70's, 80's and 90's.

Last edited:
WAY WAY to many classes.. cars can do it because it don't take as long to run a heat.. from start to finish. just faster.

access.. i have been driving 2 - 3 hrs one way to test for 20 yrs.. it sucks.. i have no local place to test.. people don't want you around for the most part.. again.. cars can run anywhere.

hobby shops.. they sell cars... planes.. quads... ect.. boats? not really.. why?? again, where do you go and run.. the river? lol.

cost.. ehh ok.. yes and know.. cost is cost no matter what hobby you are in.. either video games.. cars ( real cars ) or r/c stuff.. to me that is relative.. you spend what it is going to cost.. you either do it or not.. pretty simple.

lets face it. this is and always will be the smallest rc hobby there is.. but the KEY issue above all is young people.. you look at this hobby over the yrs.. i count on one hand the amount of NEW PEOPLE i ever see at races.. same people.. same races ect. not that it is bad but it is hard for a sport to grow when new people are far and few between
Ding ding ding
. Nailed .

This year, here in Colorado, we have had incredible results from using a Facebook advertising program along with a series of fun runs to build new membership. I am not talking about having a Facebook page and getting likes. We spent real money and developed a targeted demographic with a series of targeted ads. Our demo was specifically targeted towards car, drone and airplane people and that is what we got. We increased the size of NAMBA D20 by 15% last year and we are hoping to do even better next year. The advertising is not cheap (relatively speaking), we spend about $750 this year and it has net about 15 new people in our district. See me articles in this Fall's Propwash on this.

Back