Mt Vernon Regatta October 11 and 12, 2014

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always a good time in Mount Vernon!
default_smile.png
Looking forward to the 2015 season!!

We couldn't have done it without the help of rocky and his buddy and the Evansville gang. What was looking to be crappy weather turned out to b near perfect. Lots of good clean racing. Already looking forward to next year.

A special thanks to the Evansville gang. At this time our club just isn't big enough to do it without some help. I also want to Rocky Farmer and his friend who's name I forget. I called him pit boss so long over the weekend that's the only name that comes to mind! LOL!! Neither raced a boat and both worked hard all weekend long. Rocky even took on the side job of keeping me fed while I manned the mike,haha!. Despite the bad weather predictions we had pretty good weather and very fast water. I saw some of the best heats of the year there, We saw many heats Including the Scale final where the lead changed on the final turn of the Final Lap! Congrats to Brian Schymik on the final win. Duke, You gave him a heck of a race. The twenty Hydro's also came to mind as Mitchell Will and Jeff Schyndler really went at it. Mitchel made an unreal pass on the the last lap to win one of the heats. They were so close that it came down to a run off for first. Mitchel couldn't make the bell for the start of the run off so Jeff took the win. It was a great way to end the season and I am looking forward to next year.

Ken

Race turned out great after the friday testing rain out, which I really needed to get rid of more gremlins in the boats.

I managed to get 2nd in T boat and Sport 40 with alot of help Im sure. Timex gremlins took out the throttle servo and died in the first round I didn check that and it was still dead when I try to start the second round. Won the consi rerun and got third in the Final Duke had Brian beat for 5 3/4 laps but Brian got him passed in the last corner for the final win.

Kenny you didnt tell them about the excitement in the scale Consi race. James Ellet boat started making 200 foot circles out of control around the right end of the course, kenny says wild boat, stop the heat race bring in the boats, we had two left running but were scared to park at the launch area and be a target HA. Lucky for Jame the boat went up on the bank into the grass with slight damage. So we got to run the Consi agian and I won the scond one too.

We have a new old trophy for High Points with two boats. Trophy goes back to Memphis days and Bill Mcgraw.

Cliff Zeek won it with his fast monos only 50 points from two perfect scores.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I think we got to figure out how to make it loud enough to hear when there are big heats with twins or big blocks. Other than that it was okay.

I like audio clock but it has to be clear to the drivers about the time, that version had like 20 and 50 or 40 not just the 00 45 30 15 so that was kind of confusing not able to hear exatly what time it was.

Kenny I have an MP3 file installed on an Ipod Nano and we just plug it into our PA it works great. We only use it as a back up if the clock has an issue.

it also didnt help that drivers from other classes were firing up their boats during the countdown.........may also not be a bad idea to have the hot pits a little farther away from the drivers stand

Guys just bare with us. it was a new pa system and that was the first test run. All together I though the race went well. Tried a new bouy system as well and it worked well. Made Charlie and myselfs job easier replacing them.. we welcome your imput and look forward to next years racing season..

I thought the race was run well and the clock was understandable. Great job guys. I do think the yellow sponson tips on my sport 40 encourage people to call me over... O well that is what I get for pushing the starts. I hope my sport 40 runs well next season, if it does, watch out :-D

Jeff,

The pass you made through the Middle of Chuck Hildreth and Brian Schymik was priceless. One of the best driving moves I saw this year. That kind of heat makes being the announcer fun.

Hope you guys can make this race happen again......thanks again to Charlie for his buoy and boating skills

yep, Jeff's pass through us was awesome!! great driving for sure

Dave, the buoys seemed to come out of the subs easily. Making the Buoy's PVC pipe longer would help that

Back