2016 MT Vernon

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Wind only let up while the Sun was going down Saturday. Which was also when the crowd was at its biggest! The only people more disappointed with the wind was the people with the hot air balloons that couldn't do much of anything Saturday or Sunday. I will try to get the last round Points up. I will talk to Barb and Ron. Tom Rois and I finally got the B Hydro's to race 6 laps! There was still some great racing. Bruce put up a great fight racing his sport 40 in D E F Hydro! The sport 40s at Huntsville need to bring their A game. Bruce has a new CMB rs45 and its a rocket! Phil Thomas, Mark Voorhees, Alex Hildreth, and Gavin Lewis drove the last sport 20 heat like it was a final. Mark stuffed first on lap 3, Phil stuffed on lap 4, Alex Stuffed on lap 6 battling Gavin side by side for the lead flat out. Gavin won the heat and the race. You got to love it when a field of 20 boats go for it on rough water! there were other great heats also. I just cant type all that happened. Thanks to all that came to the race. It was fun calling the race for you guys! A special thanks goes to Bruce and Kyle Jacobs. who drove 4 and 1/2 hours to help on the stand, Retrieve boats, and basicly do anything I asked them to help with. Thanks to the Evansville gang for helping out by bringing the drivers stand. Helping us set it up and helping us put away everything at the end of the race. Also Pete Collinson, who pit bossed for most of Saturday, and all day Sunday. We had 4 rounds in by 1:00 pm thanks to him doing a great job. Also thanks to Barb Sandell and Jill Ellet who didn't race a boat but did all the points in the computer. Ron Byrd obviously helped a lot also spending a lot of time on the phone with us. I could go on about all who helped. But I am writing a book. If I missed someone which I am sure I did, I'm sorry. I hope everyone had as good a time as I did.

Back