Miss Bud mod

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toyotatruckin

Already started this build but figure I would help add to the new RTR section here on the forum

After quitting nitro and going gas I have helped some new guys at the club with their boats and it inspired me to start tinkering with atleast one or two nitro's this hobby is like a money sucking leach on the wallet that you just cant scrape off!!

Done several miss vegas hulls but never a complete hack job on a proboat started with a first gen miss bud that I took in on trade Kinda a POS but makes it more fun to rebuild not trying to make this look scale or have asuper fancy paint job

So far rear wing removed and glassed, front spoiler removed and glassed, ton of extra glass from the cockpit area removed. This was a straight shaft boat so removed the ramp and stuffing tube, glassed on the inside now, cut a section from the rear deck removed the plywood transom and replaced that with aluminum so ill just drill and tap it for the hardware, that has been glassed back now. First gen has a bubble on the side of the cockpit area and cowl that has been removed from both and glassed, rear tip-lets removed and glassed, radio box inside seam will be sealed and radio box will stay stock(except for the electronics) the bad paint job was done with rattle can so some acitone and Poof gone lol--- Hull empty started at aprox 40oz after removing all above weight was a hair over 22oz empty with glass work that has been done it sits at aprox 25oz empty and will try and stay under 30oz empty paint and all..

Not sure on the power im gonna use just yet--will be a car motor anywhere from a .12 to .18 in size might have to have some machine work done to do this but hey its all custom lol

hardware will be eather 100% custom machined OR small electric from fullers or fast electrics-- not sure how im gonna do the cowl just yet might run without stock or custom not that far yet paint will be an automotive base clear turn fin will be my own design

It was Used and ugly as hell, still is till it gets some paint, but here are the pics so far

DSCF0473.jpg

100_1460.jpg

100_1461.jpg

100_1462.jpg

100_1463.jpg

100_1468.jpg

100_1469.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yep back gotta love small boats- added bonus--smaller cargo load lol..

no pics yet but cowl is ready for paint---nothing special looks just like a second gen. bud cowl lots of work just to look stock BUT saved me 15-20 bucks not having to buy a replacement.

also hull is commin right along squared up the rear of the front ride pads (ride area) stock they are round and dont sit flat.

top deck where the first gen bubble was now looks like the second gen.. window area recess is now filled bottom stuffing tube riser is now filled and blocked flat various other little items done..

Thanks for the RTR support. I love to see Mod posts. I've been wanting to do a Mod build proboat. I haven't seen too many. Most people go with the MV for mod builds. Mr TLR started a proboat build on his forum but I got blizted before he made any progress. I'm interested to see what ideas are out there. I'm gathering my design ideas now and in a few months I might be ready to tackle a proboat build. Keep em coming. Thanks again!

If you do---try and find one in better shape than I did, trust me there will be less work to do, also I debated on removing the rear shoes completely but decided to keep them on for cornering and the added length they give off the hull would be very short in the straights they wont matter one bit anyway and removing them and glassing the cut-outs will not save weight...

I can say I have worked with several miss bud-elam-llumar- and vegas hulls glass work on the proboat is better But ride surfaces are worse, the first gen proboats dont have the weight like the second gen does and removing some of the factory BS from inside the hull itself is a good way to loose it the proboat radio box is lighter than you can make one for it but it needs sealed on the inside around the top edge (resin and micro balloons works well) and better seals as for radio box lid---tape it dont waste your time with any other way-- think aeromarine makes some nice radio box tape that wont leave residue to bad kinda high though for tape...

Another thing to remove weight and save space is to remove the case from the RX and shrink wrap it, also lets you see if the RX itself is wet giving you problems, learned that from using GWS RX's flying electric park fliers.

hull had a factory twist built into it which has been removed and hull now sits even on the board (all sponsons flat) before it looked like a dog lifting its leg to take a leak.. top side almost done--working on back and bottom now

Thats not what i was meaning..
I know, I'm sorry I get a little sarcastic sometimes. I do not want to mess up your thread. You are doing some awesome work. I think the build threads are the most interesting. I have not got a hydro and never really liked them, but after seeing what can be done with them I may have to pick one up. Thanks for posting.

Mike does good work, but 2 or 3 weeks after he finishes, he will sell the boat.. :p

I like testing...not so much working on boats. I am more into speed than looks.

Sean

I hate testing! it can be a pain in the butt if it doesnt go wright!! I like to work on my boats/bodywork and painting for me is the fun part!!! But I like cool looking and fast boats! Mike do you mind if I post pics of my new hull I'm moding out now on your thead?

post away missh---as for speed im not trying to break records, just beat a vegas, or two--sean--lol plus it gives me something cheap to tinker with

the twist is 100%, gone how I fixed it-- set hull on a perfectly flat surface after figuring out the where you need to work to get it out--left rear was the high side on mine so I weighted the right front sponson and left rear of the boat and heated the inside/outside of the hull with a heat gun in the center section of the hull working it cross ways till the hull set flat on the board, left to cool hit it again for good measure, let cool and set over night. Next day i placed a 1/8" piece of ply under the right sponson which lifted the left higher and heated again till it set down on the board partly cool removed weight let sit and it settled to perfect at all 4 points--

I can't believe this, Yota dropping to a new low. And here I was thinking Yota was better than that, buying a used Pro Boat. Next thing you know, he will be wearing a petticoat at the National Square and Folk Dance Convention and actually trying to dance :p

I can't believe this, Yota dropping to a new low. And here I was thinking Yota was better than that, buying a used Pro Boat.
:lol: this coming from a guy that hasnt finished a boat since Ronald Reagan was in office :lol:

Unless I'm badly mistaken, I don't see you building anything at the moment either. BTW, mods and reworks don't count :p

no building going on here

-- this thread is a figment of your imagination--

always remember no building taking place here

-- this thread is a figment of your imagination--

Imaginary pictures from my imaginary camera that your looking at on a computer that does not really exist!

100_1474.jpg

100_1472.jpg

100_1475.jpg

100_1476.jpg

just cant keep from finding stuff to hack off this little thing---might hack the cowl still if i keep thinking about it

Latest posts

Back