Gifted mono

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxyflash

Pork chop gave me a wreaked seaducer 44 both sides on the nose half the side and one strake damage epoxy glass the damage then a little bondo and spot putty.Left over jlg orange paint from previous employer.Adam gifted me two new cmb 27 engines sold one of the pipes to buy a victory pipe from gizmo.There was no mounts fab some mounts out of bar stock 3/8x1/2 and 1/4 x1 turned ok using hand tools.These motors are so tall trying to get in low in boat isn’t going to happen the rear with the start pulley doesn’t let it sit low so the stuffing tube is a angle farther towards the transom so the seaducer radio box doesn’t work.Ended up just building a box .The exhaust cmb is so long would look redickulas hanging out the rear of hull not sure if the victory pipe will work like 12 inches at the center or pipe .The other thing the coil has a long spark plug boot so it sticks up kinda goofy looking.Need to finish the throttle linkage and pipe strut mount and coil mount.Need to cut the flex shaft and drive dog.

Attachments

• IMG_0518.jpeg
    IMG_0518.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0517.jpeg
    IMG_0517.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0516.jpeg
    IMG_0516.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
I used zipkitts hardware strut rudder trim tabs had a left over turn fin I have a few props.Being hull was a mess didn’t want to put a lot of money init.It was a nice looking hull to being with red glitter flake with gold glitter stripes.Bottom half was just red.

Finished it tonite mounted the radio box switch, battery and receiver cut shaft installed drive dog made a strut for the exhaust mount ,mounted the coil.Adam lost the coils and mounts to these motors I ordered a aftermarket coil came with a motorcycle plug boot so it uses a tall spark plug.The motor came with iridium plug which is the tall one so in the picture it really sticks up.Going to try and fire it up tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_0519.jpeg
    IMG_0519.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0520.jpeg
    IMG_0520.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0521.jpeg
    IMG_0521.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Used a fuel bag I know why I quit using them but this was setup with a bag got it filled and burped the air out nice using a starter to fire it up took 8 try’s to get it running and idle set.This is the first gas boat that uses a belt to start it for me.My home made starter worked great.Next weekend hope to run it.

Went to river today to test it with Pork Chop Pete first run lost fue l line off carb nipple simple fix used a wire tie on it learned how to fill bag thanks Pete.Second run went great boat is fast and drives like a dream using a 2614/2 blade prop bought off Matt from Jim’s.Boat didn’t want to shut off did a couple circles then died.Adusted carb more end point on the brake.Went to run it the third time notice the shaft tube went fordward towards the collect tru the stuffing box will solder it or red loctite all I had was blue so went home.Pete said it’s ready to race not sure how fast it is but last time running my scratch built mono it’s faster then it ran 55 on gps.Just need to test it again all in all very happy the cmb didn’t disappoint starts great idles nice even in water throttle right up and great rpm the victory pipe worked awesome.

Ran the mono again today got a video too big for this sever but used my gps ran 60 same setup same prop as last time need to test more props but runs great with the 2614/2

Attachments

• IMG_0526.jpeg
    IMG_0526.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last weekend tested a 2716/2 on it the hull didn’t like it but the cmb was putting it out ran 73 before I blew it off the river

Attachments

• IMG_0534.jpeg
    IMG_0534.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Is that the stock gas mono that Seaducer offers without the cowl? That's really movin' for that hull. Well done!

The cmb is a screamer with the vision pipe the motor will pull a bigger pitch prop.The hull is another story I need to get some chopper props but not sure if there’s one that has enough pitch.The boat liked the 2614/2 but the motor was turning the rpm’s but was wasting speed.We ordered a slingshot which I’m going to do a custom tub for the other cmb 27 that I have.I just couldnt believe how much of a beast the evo motor is.It starts right up never even messed with the needles on carb after I bench tested it .When they say 20000 rpm’s it will do that easily.Kinda like a nitro cmb but on gas.

Back