Gas props on nitro rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David

As you test you.....may find using the ABC props will require you to work on the hull set-up. Would love to use them, but know first hand about the RPM run-away that JW spoke about. Secrets..............Welll.???? I am Sgt. Schultz on that " I know nothing,nothing,,,,,nothing!!!" ;) ;) :lol:
Ya it did catch me by surprise the first time. But now I'm ready for it I hope. Just hope the bearings hold up. Got one crank sitting here with the blue on it.

Just shoot me a number. Never thought it would be free.

Just remember this is a toy boat not a NASCAR team. :lol:

Unless you want to sponsor the first 100MPH heat racing boat. :rolleyes:

David
I have been sponsoring fast boats for quite a few years now..........MINE :p

David
David

so how fast are you going now?

regards Aaron

David
David

so how fast are you going now?

regards Aaron
only a estamat rite now. still have to get the gun on it . so lets just say fast.

I will hook up the eagle tree next week to get some data loged.Getting the new V4 with the power panel this week.

If you do the math 4.56 lead in pitch at 23500 RPM=101 MPH

O and this is right now not soon :p

Last edited by a moderator:
David,

You are going to need to pull 6.50" of true pitch to get you to 101 MPH.

It can be done, you just need some more engine parts to test. With

a little more help I am confident that you will get there soon. You may

need to drop down a few engine sizes though. If you do your thing to a

Nova 46 there is no telling what you can do. The big block thing is a challenge

for sure. I already help sponsor you so I think I am doing my part. Let me know how

the testing goes this weekend? If you want to make even more power and RPM

I think the pipe design is the next area that you will have to explore. :)

Keep ZOOMING your way down the lake.

Happy Holidays,

Mark Sholund

David,

You are going to need to pull 6.50" of true pitch to get you to 101 MPH.

It can be done, you just need some more engine parts to test. With

a little more help I am confident that you will get there soon. You may

need to drop down a few engine sizes though. If you do your thing to a

Nova 46 there is no telling what you can do. The big block thing is a challenge

for sure. I already help sponsor you so I think I am doing my part. Let me know how

the testing goes this weekend? If you want to make even more power and RPM

I think the pipe design is the next area that you will have to explore. :)

Keep ZOOMING your way down the lake.

Happy Holidays,

Mark Sholund
Mark

You are the man with the props. You can have all the power you want but the prop is what gets you down the lake.

Keep them coming I will keep blowing them out till we hit the wall.

Power is where its at and cubes is the best way to get power.

Still on my first 1.01 eng build. But I will push it till it breaks to find the limits then take one step back.

Like I always said beat it till it breaks. then you know what you got.

David

P.S. soo you thing that new prop has it in it.

David,

Only you will know this weekend. I am working over a couple

of new options that I will have you test next. You like to give

me a challenge that is for sure. How did the other gear drive

project work on the water?

Let Me Know,

Mark Sholund

David,

Only you will know this weekend. I am working over a couple

of new options that I will have you test next. You like to give

me a challenge that is for sure. How did the other gear drive

project work on the water?

Let Me Know,

Mark Sholund
The last prototype is on its way to me as we speak today. If all goes well will power it up on the bench.

Thats where all this testing is leading.

IF I can get the power and the belt drive works. It will give me any RPM we can handle.

We will go where no nitro eng has gone befor.

Well it pulled a 3020-20 now what. :blink:

MARK I NEED MORE PROP!!!!!!!!!!

David

All you did was find out something that some of us already know......................So what is next???? Back to the 1667

All you did was find out something that some of us already know......................So what is next???? Back to the 1667
Maybe so back to a 1667 don't know yet. I did find one thing out the 20 rake is too much.

Will see what Mark has in store for me next.

David

Well it pulled a 3020-20 now what. :blink:

MARK I NEED MORE PROP!!!!!!!!!!

David
David,

A 3020 has a lot of pitch, how fast did you go?
Don't know? but I will for the next test section. The Eagle tree will be on board. need RPM and GPS speed in real time from this point out.

This way I can tell how efficient the prop is.

David

Maybe so back to a 1667 don't know yet. I did find one thing out the 20 rake is too much.

David
David,

Why was 20 degree rake too much, what did it do?

David
David,

Why was 20 degree rake too much, what did it do?
took the lift of the front and was a little lose in the corner.

All the test where done with the same setup on the boat so I could see the difference in the props.

Don't want to run around in circles testing. Want a apples to apples comparison .

David,

So the 3020 changed the lift balance of the boat. You could either angle the prop down a bit to get more lift from it or take some angle out of the front sponsons, or both. I wouldnt say it had too much rake, just didnt suit your current setup. I appreciate that you didnt want to change the setup for prop testing, but if the 3020 was fast and handled well you could change your setup to use it. :D

David,

So the 3020 changed the lift balance of the boat. You could either angle the prop down a bit to get more lift from it or take some angle out of the front sponsons, or both. I wouldn't say it had too much rake, just didn't suit your current setup. I appreciate that you didn't want to change the setup for prop testing, but if the 3020 was fast and handled well you could change your setup to use it. :D
Yes changing the set up would help. but don't want to put any more in the strut it is tipped way down now. It would just drive it in the holes more.

May spend so time testing this prop with a different profile and 70mm dia. will see what the Prop man thinks.

David,

So the 3020 changed the lift balance of the boat. You could either angle the prop down a bit to get more lift from it or take some angle out of the front sponsons, or both. I wouldn't say it had too much rake, just didn't suit your current setup. I appreciate that you didn't want to change the setup for prop testing, but if the 3020 was fast and handled well you could change your setup to use it. :D
Yes changing the set up would help. but don't want to put any more in the strut it is tipped way down now. It would just drive it in the holes more.

May spend so time testing this prop with a different profile and 70mm dia. will see what the Prop man thinks.
David,

Why is the strut tipped way down now, why did you need to do that?

David,

David,

Why is the strut tipped way down now, why did you need to do that?
The boat likes it that way. Tried the shims under the rear boom tubes but the boat did not like it. Would not fly right with the top of the sponsons at that angle. The boat should come out of the water and fly level or you will be in for a world of hurting in a heat race.

How the boat leave and enters the water mean a whole lot. Had it 6" of air under the fin on a double hop to day and just keeped trucking.

No over reeving or leaning out with this zoom carb.

Well just thinking out loud but if you have a ton of negative in the strut with your best prop might want to add /redistribute weight forward or change sponson AOA . Thats one of the things negative I have seen with sponsons with low AOA is that the critical moment changes rapidly with small adjustments , some of the more popular sponson designs /profiles out there give the hull more of an envelope of driveability without making major adjustments even though top end speed may be sacrificed a bit . Keep on testing Dave !! Full Metal Jacket in Riverview for sure ! (I guess i should get off this stupid thing and start working on stuff !!)

Back