JAE Gas Rigger testing continues

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bzubee

Supporting Member
Day started out rainy but we still met up at the lake when I got there, I started to drive down with the reterieve boat and got stuck then a new boater in our club showed up with a big Dodge deisel and I thought he might be able to snatch my GMC 2wd truck out but instead he also got stuck with his 2wd so we decided to go on and boat. We got set up and it stopped raining but the wind kicked up a bit and it got colder we set up the JAE gas rigger with a new Prop Shop 7520 back cut prop and tossed it in checked it with the radar gun and guess what we finally got it up to 70 MPH wow a 5 mph pick up in speed with a prop change really cool to see a stock out of the box RCMK EVO rear exhuast engine push a boat to 70mph. How neat to have a $300 dollar engine do that.. We have some more props to try out an a few more small set up bugs to work out but the JAE Gas Rigger is looking pretty good. David Hall has some video he is sending up to Rod G and I'm sure he'll be posting it as soon as he gets it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still doing testing so when Joe Petro releases the kit it is right and will run like the rest of the JEA line of hydros. That is one thing I really like about the JEA boats they do the research before releasing the plans and kits.

Where is my kit!! Cant wait! got 4 guys in our club waiting to get them!

Bill I didn't think your truck could go 70mph, what did you do add alittle nitro.....LOL LOL

Walt Barney

Bill and David,

I have a few more options coming down for testing.

Try the 2718 on the 101-JAE or send it back to me.

More speed is coming. :D

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Back