First Gas Boat Question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom, just give him the center-to-center measurement between the holes. Most mounts are pretty close within a 1/2" as they usually have some room for fine adjustments. There's always that one or two that make liars out of everybody.

Tom, just give him the center-to-center measurement between the holes. Most mounts are pretty close within a 1/2" as they usually have some room for fine adjustments. There's always that one or two that make liars out of everybody.
Olson, explain this

Tom doesn't really want to have to fill holes then drill new ones in the tub so if they're say 5-1/4" apart then that would give you something to go by when building a mount for him.

Look at the pic Buck posted, I guess that's an Andy mount, no room for a pull on that setup. 4" with a pull will have to use the grommet in the tub style mount. Holes in the tub need to be 5 3/4 c-c front to rear for a normal mount and on the right angle for the drive line to hit the collet straight. Everthing needs to be pretty right so it's a happy fit.

Look at the pic Buck posted, I guess that's an Andy mount, no room for a pull on that setup. 4" with a pull will have to use the grommet in the tub style mount. Holes in the tub need to be 5 3/4 c-c front to rear for a normal mount and on the right angle for the drive line to hit the collet straight. Everthing needs to be pretty right so it's a happy fit.
Mke,

Original Eagle Gas mounts use the grommets in the tub with the mount snug against the side of the grommet with nylon screws, it shook the boat to pieces (very little isolation) and it was able to use a pull start. I designed the mounts in the photo I posted and had my dad machine them for me.You are correct that a pull start can't be used with my new mount, I never used a pull start to begin with so I didn't care about have one with this mount either.

Something else to think about..

You can, but I dont, pull the motor over using your sholder and full arm pull like a mower..

Rather "Curl" the cord.. you will find the fast action of the curl far better for starting then pulling up from the sholder.

Grim

wow even Z has cranked a gas engine.
Yup, those Rio 51's!
default_smile.png

LOL.. you HAVE NO IDEA..lol.. when I did the design on the Rio 51 I was like,, OK here we go.. The Fuji powered boat was a MO FO to start if you did not curl the motor.. Now that we have the Zen in the boat its like.. CAKE!

Just did some radio testing with the Rio 51 (I use it as my Radio grunt boat).. the boat still catches we off guard as to how good it really is.. I for one cannot believe it did not catch on in the SS mono class...

O well they are still selling well!

Rock and ROLL MR. MIKE!

Grim

A couple of the guys I run with on Sunday mornings have got one of each, I don't know how one of them got his Fuji to run so well but it's a world of difference with the Zen in them.

When we talked about the Rio when it first rolled out I knew that you had to try to talk nice about the Fuji as you have to work with what the higher in commands give you to work with but later on you confessed to me after you were able to drop the Zen's in as to how bad that motor was. It was a bad size at being 28cc as you couldn't run it in competition in the LS-27 mono class. It also had to be made with the beginning boater in mind.

Bingo.. The Zen boat is SO GOOD..

I have the Fuji boat as my personal boat on a BT34 muffler (same muff as the one we sell with the 51-Z).. Its not as fast as the Zen boat by a few MPH but runs like a WATCH..

Once broke in that old Fuji runs VERY well.. and even more so on 70-Octain.. just looking at the dang start cord and the thing is running…lol

On we go!

Grim

has anyone used a cordless drill with a socket to start these gas boats? seems doable. just put a wider nut on the flywheel.

Tom,

I read most of this but not all. I didn't see this question but it might have been asked..............If you are a nitro boater and are used to putting after run oil in your engine, did you put after run in the gas engine because that is what you have always done? If you put oil in the engine after running it. It may never start until you blow it out. The oils left behind in the gas are pleantiful to keep the engine lubricated. Just asking, because the only time I ever saw this issue was when someone over oiled there engine.

John

Hey John,

I almost tossed in some things to check as well but noticed this thread was about 1 1/2 years old. Looks like someone added a note to a really old thread and made it pop up to the top again.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all of our boating buddies and families!!!!

Id say 50 or more pulls each time id start it.
Id say 50 or more pulls each time id start it.
Thats crazy !!! Dry engine finger in carb pull slow till wet , open throttle pull sharply but not to the full extension of the rope . If it doesn't start pull plug change it or dry it with brake clean , repeat process . If no fuel at carb after choking replace diaphragm , check valve , clean screen in carb . Repeat .

Back