My new ride

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Hughes

Vendor
Here is my new gas sport hydro. I drew this up last fall. Was too busy to get started on it until this fall. This is a project that Mark Anderson and I have been discussing for a while now. Building a gas sport that can break down and travel in our golf bags. The sponsons are removable just like my riggers. There is 2 booms that run thru the boat. The sponson have pins that slide inside of these booms. Then are held in place from the bolts thru the bottom of the hull. Easy to break down and pack in my double wide golf bag.
Mike

20240209_161103.jpg20240209_161112.jpg20240209_161121.jpg20240209_161203.jpg

I'm surprised you didn't bring it to the show today. I bet there were several people that would have loved it

Hi on the pro outboard hydro's some ran the turn fin bracket just to the back inside of the sponson worked great . some even used two turn fin's one full size one a little smaller .

I have some adjustment in this turn fin. The CG is a little further back than I was planning. Going to play with at the lake next weekend.
Mike

Yep, runs nice and solid. Turnfin flexes too much and upsets the boat in the corners. Same problems we had with Eric's sport boat when we did his. Need to find a nice 3 blade to run on it to keep the back end up. Was running a 2 blade 2717. GPS had its last run at 67. But was still not running great. I had a G2 in it. So it should be doing better than that. Looking to shorten pipe and up the rpms some more. Need to go thru my 3 blades at the next test outing. Might even try something totally different after talking to Brian Buaas.
Mike

Back