D-OB-Tunnel record broken at Valdosta

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The boat we used was a Vision. We brought 2 Visions which were very close in setup. On Friday my Dad and Drake were playing with setup and prop, and came up with a really fast boat. The boat was a little faster than I was able to handle, and on Friday I blew the boat off really hard. We found out later that I must have broke something in the fuel tank because the motor wouldn't run on it afterwards. So while me and Drake were thrashing to get the boat I crashed working again. My Dad took the backup Vision and the motor he liked, and came up with the boat and, set up, that pulled it off. We did test a Shawman a few times getting ready for time trials. The boat was fast, but we weren't sure I could keep it on the water for 2 laps. One thing I've learned chasing records, is you need a boat that you can really push on. If you have to get out of the throttle a lot to stablize the boat down the straightaways, and throttle back on in the turns, breaking records gets tough no matter how fast the boat is. The Vision was very fast but I didn't have to get out of the throttle at all for the run.

Jay Halbrehder
A statement to the quality Shaun puts out - top notch, I changed my driving style after running one, no more lift /plant/set-
default_wink.png

Congrats gents as well as I would give a shout out to Shawn the builder of the VisionCraft boat, these hulls are highly competitive, extremely well built and very affordable to purchase.

Beau

Back