Sparkie light at the end of the Tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny how you post this on a thread that was created talking primarily about FE. (Oh gawd, this is not another one of those deals were someone is forcing you to read a thread your not interested in is it?)

Then posting exactly what you say you are tired of.

Humorous... Ironic.

The funny thing is, Why does everyone seem to think it has to be an either/or sort of deal?

Seems to me that it's only those who say FE isn't for them that sound like what you describe.

:wacko:

I'm open minded enough to have fun in both. B)
I enjoy reading posts on all different aspecs of this hobby , Gas , Electric or Nitro because you never know what you may learn and I still have a lot to learn.

Tim K

Tim K

Man, This is gettin' sideways...

I never said I did not like nitro. In fact I am a big fan. My favorite class to run in was Mod21 tunnel. I just freakin' luv it. But I can also see myself blasting out of a corner all amped up too. I can have fun in both and walk away just as satisfied at the end of the day.

You like nitro, I like nitro

I like FE, you not so much.

OK... Whats the big deal?

No big deal to me.. if you are talking to me?

From a safety stand point in FE Nitro or what ever.. just use your head.

Back to FE race talk!

Grim

Just a general statement to who it applied to.

Everyone has a 'thing' that gets them off the most.

Me, it was this chick I knew about twenty years ago. But that's a different story entirely! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen FE boat radios glitch thus causing the prop to spin. I have never seen this on a nitro boat.

When you have your battery plugged in.. make a mental note, no ifs and or butts about it. That boat is RUNNIG!

Just use your head
This is particularly relevant for anyone doing rescues in a retrieve boat. Be very wary of the propeller. In Australia we have to use a "safety loop" on the battery connector, which can be unplugged externally to minimise this risk.

FWIW, I run Sport, Mod and P spec tunnels - they are all fun.

Try shooting a Lipo pack with a BB gun. COOOOL! Just do it outside.
Shot a guy in the butt once with a BB gun. Got my rights read to me at 14. Didn't want to be on the wrong side ever again so I became an MP in the Army at 18.

"Walk my post from flank to flank and take no **** from any rank."

"Sir, Do not confuse your rank with my authority..."

Oh yeah, I had fun in the Army!

B) ;)

I drove Randy's P- Tunnel Shaman this weekend- well did my best for a tunnel newbie ;) ( heavy winds didnt help me) , and all I can say is I WILL own one next season. The throttle curve and power are amazing. A VERY fun drive B) B) B)

A far cry from the brushed can motors and nickel metal cells I used to play with.

Thanks again btw Randy.

Andy

Bill....she is Ball'n tha Jack!

I am going to put an exhaust pipe on my battery pack just in case. :D I'll use the flame from my batteries as an after burner!! Fire proof buoys LOL. I Love it.

Keep me posted on what you come up with next.

-Carl

Oh yeah! We aim to please.

Tryin' to get Premo to bite on a P Lynx as well. Then we can move our Shaman's to 5S.

Me I'm just a three lap wonder, but one of these in Randy's hands would be deadly. It would be over. You could cancel Christmas!

/B

Man, This is gettin' sideways...

I never said I did not like nitro. In fact I am a big fan. My favorite class to run in was Mod21 tunnel. I just freakin' luv it. But I can also see myself blasting out of a corner all amped up too. I can have fun in both and walk away just as satisfied at the end of the day.

You like nitro, I like nitro

I like FE, you not so much.

OK... Whats the big deal?
Darn Bill,

Thanks a lot. Just when I think I may be able to talk you outta a couple of those fire breathing NR's you have tucked away, you just have to remind me that you still love nitro!!!!!!!..... ;) haha. Hey, all of this is good. You need some thick skin sometimes in this hobby as threads like this point out. But most interesting is that after reading through the fog, there is still so much to learn. Thanks..... ;)

I don't want to start a huge FE controversy, but I think the loops should be mandatory on all FE's. I am putting one on mine during the build hoping this will some day be a safety requirement as so many people that run the retrieve boat are just not aware of the dangers...... ;)

Don't need no thick skin. I just give it out as I expect to get it. It ain't personal. Ask anyone around here. I don't hold a grudge for longer than about twenty seconds. OK, maybe thirty.

Don't mean nuthin. I wouldn't have it any other way.

As far as getting one of my NR's, I luv ya brother but don't hold yer breath... I'm crazy but i ain't stupid! I'll have a Mod together next year. Be the fastest one to the scene of the accident for sure. Beat the ambulance by about thirty minutes...

/B

I don't want to start a huge FE controversy, but I think the loops should be mandatory on all FE's. I am putting one on mine during the build hoping this will some day be a safety requirement as so many people that run the retrieve boat are just not aware of the dangers...... ;)
Not a bad idea for sure.

holy crap bill you took this a different tangent.

All I can say is that I can get my OZSPEC modded 14mm nova 35plus to run all day at 60mph, this motor is 2-3 years old and has has bearings done several times. This motor has done 1 SAW and 1 2-lap event and is definately fast!

I never said premo and drake can't build a fast motor, maybe just not a reliable motor? No I am not taking shots, I don't care what they do, just saying that the line about a Nova blowing up easily is a load of crap IF done by the right person (this is my opinion and also a FACT as I actually run one)

I think it is just FUNNY how all you guys have just finally got on the BAND WAGON ;)

Cheers

Kris

Then maybe I should clarify...

If you don't give them the attention they demand they will let you down. It's all about preventive maintenance.

My NR's actually stopped letting go when I got my 'lights' cranks. And like you I had a rod (R7) split down the middle as well.

Other than that it was a tear down about once a month when I was running them. Any slightest funny feel or stick, or anything. If the crank didn't tun over like butter it got tore down before it hit the water again.

/B

Do a search on safety loops and good luck.

Thats all I've got on that. :rolleyes:

Back