Sparkie light at the end of the Tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're right Bill you can't compare apples and oranges. That's not to say a guy can't make an orange look like an apple. ;)

Like the conversation we all had in SOWEGA. When you build a "Open" class boat you have to decide if your goal is to promote racing, or yourself.

Doug

Good lord Bill. That thing is hauling the mail in that video my friend. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Doug

Exactly why P and Q need their own classes. As far as Open classes go, running conservative also saves the equipment. (and does not create animosity between the power types either)

Rodney

That was before the 'right' prop was put on it. (Thank you Mark Sholund!) Not gonna say what the 'right' prop is... I ain't gonna give it all away for free.

Bill, is that full P or limited? Just watched the video, been 'buffering' at my slow work location for ever...lol.

I would LOVE to have a Q class in our area, especially if it actually took off. Sounds like an idea for the Grand Prix series...

wow bill...tell em how much maintance the fe motors need lol.....it aint much and they are like a timex watch they just keep on ticking

oh ya ......for the guys that want noise....try listening to a heat of 6 p spec boats.......the screem of 6 30000 rpm motors is dam loud :) just no nitro smell

btw bill i have to hand it to the camra man on that vid...hes a genius with the angles and zoom lol...never missing a moment of the action!...i laughed...i cryed...two thumbs up!

I understand fully that the performance is there and the ease of tuning,

But the batts turning into road flares at any given moment gives me pause

Gene
I have seen a lipo "just go up" it gutted a guys car.. I have never seen a gallon of fuel do that..

having said that..

Never store your lipos in your dresser drawer, pants pockets to keep them warm or house without a safe container, It can be a safe deal if you…. just use your head…..

Some of the guys around here use chimney liners placed horizontal as storage and charge houses.. One end up against the brick wall and the other open to the inside (your work area). if it "goes up" the flame blasts away from any structure.

I have seen flames over 3' long come out the side of a 4S pack..

Please just use your head!

Grim

I have even seen a little 300mah pack get STUPID with a flame..

Wow, sounds almost as bad as nitro.

After reading up on it I found that nitro has more explosive power than TNT. At least that's what was discovered by the U.S. Govt Interstate Commerce Commission shortly after investigating this railroad accident in 1958.

Perhaps we should all re-think the idea of keeping this nasty stuff in the garage...

But you are correct. All dangerous items/liquids in this hobby should be stored in a safe location. Just in case.

:) B)

I find it funny how the Electric , Nitro thing keeps coming up , why can't people be happy with what there running and stop trying to prove why one is so much better than the other.

I think Electric is cool but Nitro is what I love and I don't go around preaching to the Electric or Gas crowd.

My love for Nitro is simple , I love the challenge the fact that you have to work for results not just plug in and go .

I am okay with knowing not every run will be perfect and that yes motors blow up but thats just part of the hobby , it's not for everyone but it works for me.

I started in Electric many years ago moved to Nitro and a couple years ago gave Gas a try , I keep going back to Nitro because for me it is the most satisfying.

Please also stop comparing the speeds of them who cares what one is faster , the fact that they are completely different make any comparison pointless.

This is not an attack on any one , it is just something that I have observed at races and here on I.W. over the last few years, enjoy what you race and let others do the same.

Okay I feel better now. LOL

Tim K

Funny how you post this on a thread that was created talking primarily about FE. (Oh gawd, this is not another one of those deals were someone is forcing you to read a thread your not interested in is it?)

Then posting exactly what you say you are tired of.

Humorous... Ironic.

The funny thing is, Why does everyone seem to think it has to be an either/or sort of deal?

Seems to me that it's only those who say FE isn't for them that sound like what you describe.

:wacko:

I'm open minded enough to have fun in both. B)

Look, I started out in 1986 with an RC10, After that moved to 1/12 on-road in Germany. Once back stateside I got into 1/10 on-road carpet racing. Saw Ni-Cd change over to Ni-Mh. I didn't pooh pooh nitro when it hit the car scene. I certainly did not when I got into boats. I see FE as just another power source. And that's all it is. Nothing more. Expanding my horizons.

To me it's another class for me to race in and maybe have even more fun. I dunno, call me crazy...

/B

They all have their pluses and minuses. You can run gas and nitro all day long without worry of charging battery packs. And the .21 and .12 motors consume little fuel so the $$ spent stays down...

Funny how you post this on a thread that was created talking primarily about FE. (this is not another one of those deals were someone is forcing you to read a thread your not interested in is it?)

Then posting exactly what you say you are tired of.

Humorous... Ironic.

The funny thing is, Why does everyone seem to think it has to be an either/or sort of deal?

I'm open minded enough to have fun in both. Seems to me that it's only those who say FE isn't for them that sound like what you describe.

:wacko:
"And to get top notch FE power is still half of a Nova which blow up quicker than popcorn in a hot pan.", quoted from the first post.

That is what got me going and a little confused too... ;)

I have seen FE boat radios glitch thus causing the prop to spin. I have never seen this on a nitro boat.

When you have your battery plugged in.. make a mental note, no ifs and or butts about it. That boat is RUNNIG!

Just use your head

You have to “start a nitro boat” i.e. Install the igniter..

You have to “start a FE boat” i.e. plug it in..

Just use your head.

Don’t intently combust “anything” around nitro

Don’t walk away from a charging lipo.

Just use your head.

I have yet, in over 20 years of racing nitro boats to have never seen or had a nitro fire. I have in 6 years of running FE boats have seen a lipo fire.

PLEASE Just use your head.

Regardless of how you want to spin it Bill.. we both know it comes down to using your gray matter..

Never swim for a dead boat

Never smoke around nitro

Never walk away from a charging lipo

Three simple rules that can make this gig so much safer for all.

Please use your head!

Back