Sparkie light at the end of the Tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't need no thick skin. I just give it out as I expect to get it. It ain't personal. Ask anyone around here. I don't hold a grudge for longer than about twenty seconds. OK, maybe thirty.

Don't mean nuthin. I wouldn't have it any other way.

As far as getting one of my NR's, I luv ya brother but don't hold yer breath... I'm crazy but i ain't stupid! I'll have a Mod together next year. Be the fastest one to the scene of the accident for sure. Beat the ambulance by about thirty minutes...

/B
Bill,

That's what I like about you, and I havent even met you in person yet. You shoot right from the hip and don't try to sugar coat it. Best way to be. That way everyone knows right where u stand!!!!!........ ;)

I know you have those NR's and are waiting to pull one out and kick our nitro butts. You sure you can't share just one???????..... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
holy crap bill you took this a different tangent.

All I can say is that I can get my OZSPEC modded 14mm nova 35plus to run all day at 60mph, this motor is 2-3 years old and has has bearings done several times. This motor has done 1 SAW and 1 2-lap event and is definately fast!

I never said premo and drake can't build a fast motor, maybe just not a reliable motor? No I am not taking shots, I don't care what they do, just saying that the line about a Nova blowing up easily is a load of crap IF done by the right person (this is my opinion and also a FACT as I actually run one)

I think it is just FUNNY how all you guys have just finally got on the BAND WAGON ;)

Cheers

Kris
I still like my K&B!!!... ... ;)

I hear ya Ron! Stock K&B, Mod-VP World champ and High Point champ. Second fastest in timed laps. Most reliable engine I've had yet.

I hear ya Ron! Stock K&B, Mod-VP World champ and High Point champ. Second fastest in timed laps. Most reliable engine I've had yet.

...................now you are talking my kind of turkey!!!!.................. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: those K&B's

Now back to the regular scheduled program.............FE............ :eek:

I don't want to start a huge FE controversy, but I think the loops should be mandatory on all FE's. I am putting one on mine during the build hoping this will some day be a safety requirement as so many people that run the retrieve boat are just not aware of the dangers...... ;)
I am all for safety. but but having a safety loop makes little sense especially if the boat is flipped over, If the recovery person grabs the business end of the boat before he/she can find the safety loop and it glitches... ouch, and I have seen people grab the hardware to retrieve a boat,

said person's would have to be trained on the location of the safety loop on every boat that's running at the lake.

To me that's kind of like having a requirement to have a prop guard on a nitro/gas boat that you have to remove just as your launching the hull, after all the prop is spinning at that time and just as easy to get fingers caught.

like someone said "use your head".

Sean

just an FE racer.......

I don't want to start a huge FE controversy, but I think the loops should be mandatory on all FE's. I am putting one on mine during the build hoping this will some day be a safety requirement as so many people that run the retrieve boat are just not aware of the dangers...... ;)
I am all for safety. but but having a safety loop makes little sense especially if the boat is flipped over, If the recovery person grabs the business end of the boat before he/she can find the safety loop and it glitches... ouch, and I have seen people grab the hardware to retrieve a boat,

said person's would have to be trained on the location of the safety loop on every boat that's running at the lake.

To me that's kind of like having a requirement to have a prop guard on a nitro/gas boat that you have to remove just as your launching the hull, after all the prop is spinning at that time and just as easy to get fingers caught.

like someone said "use your head".

Sean

just an FE racer.......
That's a great point Sean. Since I have even away for a while, I keep stepping on the "land mine" topics!!...... ;) I didn't want to start one on this topic as I had read the "loop" success the FE guys are having in other areas of the world, and quickly realized that is a very hot topic that obviously has been discussed here before. Since I am just starting, I need to let you FE veterans lead that one.... ;) I like your comments about training. I for one was allowed to retrieve the FE's at an earlier race in my eagerness to help, and wasn't aware of the immediate dangers that are all very obvious to me now. Maybe a quick 2 min training session at the drivers meeting would help but how about open water? This is when the retrieving is less managed at most races as new boaters are constantly showing up during the day. I think a caution sign placed near the retrieve boat may be in order, listing the FE precautions and may at the end state they should ask another boater that has FE experience to assist. Maybe these same precautions should be included on all race entry forms where FE's are running, (seems to be them all ....... ;) ). These are all simply suggestions as again, this is new territory for me. Our safety director, Bill Zuber, may have some comments on this as well.

not really a land mine topic. just another failure point on an FE boat that I don't see the need for. it also adds resistance to the electrical circuit. I try to run as little electrical connectors as possible. If it was easy to do in some hull designs I would solder the batteries direct to the esc and eliminate all connectors.

One thing I heard at the 2009, 2010 FE Nationals and other FE races I have attended. Was the CD and drivers announce that FE boats are LIVE even if it is stalled or flipped and treat it at all times with caution. It was also announced at the end of each heat as a reminder if boats needed retrieval.

Put it this way, if the recovery person grabs it near the prop, they shouldn't be the recovery person!

The reason it is good is

- because you can tape everythign up, then arm the boat when you are ready.

- Changing Props, just disarm it.

- Protect the recovery person who knows what they are doing and pull the plug when they get it out of the water.

Please someone tell me the FACTS that are bad about a saftey loop, and don't even start about the extra 2-3" of cable and plugs....

Kris

Back