Celina Summer Challenge XXV

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a preferred way for us to enter the site without upsetting the Parks Dept.? Five years ago I know that there were 3 ways in and out but I don't know how the site looks now with all of the work that's been done.

I'll try to look up you or Dan anyway before I park as I was asking about a Handicapped parking spot. Yeah, I've got the tag but hate to use it but I think that I'm going to need it.

it is now all blacktop , parking lot is expanded, ball field fence to restroom building and longer by about 30 feet, no more stone entryway. there is just dirt around all blacktop, too dry and needs to settle before they plant(fall).if it is dry and no chance of rain, we can drive off of blacktop into grass area. if you need handicap, I would suggest using the new pavilion next to restrooms. its about 20 x 40 , like the others in the park. there is blacktop walkway around the entire pond. there is still the back way in by the rr tracks from the west off grand lake road, if dry. we will know more after this saturday as we are having a work party to get ready.

Me and David Hagans Scale drivers meet there deaths at the Evansville race and are currently at the bottoms of the lake. Do you think it'll be a problem if we didn't have our drivers?

Here are the classes with spots left open, I am going to cut off any other entries tomorrow.

Here are the classes that have spots open:

A Hydro 3

B Hydro 2

B Sport Tunnel 2

Cracker Box 3

D Hydro 1

Open Gas Cat 0

Open Gas Mono 3

Open Gas Sport Hydro 2

Open Tunnel 3

Open Rigger 0

RTR 5

Scale 1

Sport 20 Hydro 1

Sport 40 1

Thunderboat 4

P Ltd Cat 3

We are at 147 boats 30 heats per round.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been watching the weather conditions for the race as the forecasts seem to be improving by the day. I'm gearing up for bad weather in case it does happen but hoping I won't have to use it. Come on Sunny skies!

Heat doesn't bother me much but the humidity does.

The Weather Channel keeps changing the forecast daily. We're going after record temps up here and Sunday is supposed to be the worst.

It'll still be good to see people that I haven't seen in a long time. Our old buddy Miss Hydro is supposed to go out to dinner with us Friday night.

I put in my reservation on Tuesday and it looks like the Quality Inn only had one room left after I got ours and the Holiday Inn Express only had a few with only a single Queen and a fold-out couch. I don't know if it's all racers or something else going on around town.

Garry, Gus, Scott and I were at the site today. a few adjustments by the racers will be needed but nothing major.

the city treated the pond for weeds and all is good, one patch way out where you shouldn't be anyhow. water is a little lower than normal.

we pressure washed the drivers stand and it looks like new again.

we will have designated areas for campers, trailers and motor homes.(no hook ups or facilities) we have permanent rest rooms.

we have a handi-cap area so everyone better hurry and get a card!! lol.

the new pavilion with new picnic tables will be used for food area by the new organization selling food . not a boater set up area .

we will start set up Friday morning and when complete we will have controlled open water till 5:30 ish. you are welcome to help with set up if you so desire.

no setups will be beyond the paved walkway on the pond side.

any non dsm transmitter will have to be in radio impound. (non manned impound).

we have 30 heats per round / 4 rounds. we will be combining as we go and can combine. we will be going for 75-85 heats on Saturday and the rest on sunday .1/8 scale is first 3 rounds then top 5 to feature and next 6 to consi with winner of consi moving to feature.

this will be moving at a fast pace, drivers will have to be ready. no waiting. we have a odd-even pit and a get ready. heats will be posted on the tower electronically so you know whats up and running.

anyone wanting to help out , it will be welcomed and appreciated. .

Save me one of the Handicapped spots please. I've got the plate and placard. If the humidity is where it's supposed to be I'll have problems but the heat isn't so bothersome. Dan, you haven't seen me in a while but I've lost 50 pounds, not by choice but it happened.

I'm trying to get there ASAP but the kids are always slow in getting their rears in gear. I'm shooting for early afternoon as I'm also trying to avoid busy times on the highways.

early weather predictions for the weekend are possible showers Friday :-( temps in high 80's slight shower chance Saturday low 80's, Sunday partly cloudy low 80's

van wert has detour on s.r. 127 that runs through van wert. it is for the south side of van wert. exit sr 224(posted) from u.s. 30 from the west,

turn left at ohio state patrol post (van wert/ decatur rd) ,

at gas station/ resturants (s.r. 118) traffic light turn right,

turn left at taco bell / rural king (fox rd) ,

then right on sr 127 at the fair grounds.

if you are a"seasoned" traveler, this is the back way around van wert.

1-75 is construction from Toledo to Findlay, ohio then again at lima.ohio. at s.r. 65 /I-75 bridge replacement. all flows well unless some one does the "biggy" ;-( then all is not good.

nothing else I know of .

The race is not currently on RC Racing Events and I need the physical address.

In 2007 there was a detour around the Van Wert area also, what a mess that was! This going going to mess with "Jill" on my GPS.

Here is the address: Eastview Park 2001 E Livingston St Celina, OH. 45822 .

I just logged into RC Racing Events and all of our entries are gone. Guess it's a good thing that we are not using rcracingevents any more. I already have the entries entered in race manager. You would think that all the data, and race would stay up on the web until the race is over.

Back