Celina Summer Challenge XXV

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
update on the celina site. most all of the old trees are gone thanks to emerald ash borer that killed them. new trees are planted . the parking lot and driveway is paved , parking lot is probably 30 % bigger. a new pavilion just north of the restroom building has been constructed and has new tables. new drainage tiles, which I hope we don't have to see if they work or not, have been installed.

a paved WALKWAY, NOT a driveway is around whole pond. this is NOT to be used to drive on or over for anything. much landscaping and leveling has been done but no grass seed planted , that will be done in the fall. we can enter as we always did and drive off to the north end and set up. in the event of rain , we will moniter the how to get in and out so as to not create any problems .

we have a new food vendor this year. Mary left for a new job out of the immediate area. all should be ok.

once the course is set, we will be painting lanes on the water so we don't have any issues of who did what and help with the officiating.

see ya soon,

Dan

Thanks Dan. I was wondering what we were going to do about lunch and I see that's been taken care of. This way I don't have to bring along an extra cooler for food and a grill. We'll have a big breakfast at probably the Holiday Inn Express as I don't know if the Quality Inn has been fully booked for that weekend yet but the last I looked there were only a very few rooms left there. Dinner is easy as there's a lot of restaurants nearby.

We're just hoping that Mother Nature doesn't decide to repave the course during the weekend.
default_smile.png
I don't want to have to make another run for straw like I did back in 2011. I threw the bales on my roof rack and you could follow my trail from the place to the site.

on the food issue, I will get the menu when they have it. they are planning something for b-fast, dinner and will be at it until 4:30 5:30 area on Friday and I told them usually over by 2:00ish on sunday.

Is there rooom for a 5th wheel trailer? I see it says on site camping no hookups but am curious about the space available. Thanks.

Dave

Plenty of room for a 5th wheeler. It probably wouldn't be the first one that's been there.

Rc racing events won't let me enter this race. I select the classes and it does not give a total. Any idea if maybe the software thinks the entry is closed because of the cutoff date? Thanks.

Dave

Rc racing events won't let me enter this race. I select the classes and it does not give a total. Any idea if maybe the software thinks the entry is closed because of the cutoff date? Thanks.

Dave
I have had 3 people this week have the same problem. PM me the classes,freqs,IMPBA #, address phone email. I will get you entered.

We still have some spots open to fill out the heats. We won't be adding any heats to the race. Also Gas Scale and Jersey Skiff did not make class. If anyone wants in the race that we have an open spot post on here or PM me.

Thank You

Garry

Here are the classes that have spots open:

A Hydro 3

B Hydro 2

B Sport Tunnel 3

Cracker Box 3

D Hydro 1

Open Gas Cat 1

Open Gas Mono 3

Open Gas Sport Hydro 2

Open Tunnel 0

RTR 5

Scale 2

Sport 20 Hydro 1

Sport 40 2

Thunderboat 4

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark Owens will be signing up when we get home from the nitro nats. Scale sport 40 and d hydro all 2.4

If you don't have a room reserved yet, there aren't many left around the park. Holiday Inn Express only has single Queen's with a fold-out soda-bed left. I managed to snag 2 at the America's Best Value Inn but those were also filling up fast. Mark Scott is rooming with me and I got one for the son, daughter-in-law and grandson.

We have a 144 boats entered, 2 boats that didn't make class. So 142 boats will be racing. There will 30 heats per round. The running order will be as follows:

A Hydro

RTR

B Sport Tunnel

Open Gas Mono

D Hydro

B Tunnel

Open Gas Cat

B Hydro

Thunderboat

Open Tunnel

Sport 20 Hydro

Open Gas Sport Hydro

Sport 40

P Ltd Cat

Crackerbox

Open Rigger

1/8 Scale

Please don't drive on or across the newly paved walk way, we don't want to upset the park dept. It does not support the weight of a vehicle. Any questions please ask Dan Kramer or me. See you all in a couple of weeks.

Garry

Back