2010 ODMBA 18th Annual Invitational, DIST 12 RACE #4

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul and I had a blast and can't wait until next year. Many thanks to the ODMBC!!!!!

Dick, Carol, Buddy, James, Justin and the CD,s. Thanks for all of your hard work and it was good to meet you!!

I'd like to thank all of D-12 for for giving the FE guys a chance to play in your sand box!! You guys are the best!

Kentley, John, Steve S, & Steve S. ( you guys decide who was first LOL) and Don, Thanks for all of your help pitting for us, and it was great hanging out with you fellas.

Mr. Speas, Mr.Sutton, Mr.Squires, thanks for the help and advice in chasing the gremlin out of my mono engine. :blink:

Chili, Mike L, Kent , Chuck and Danny, it was nice to finally meet my virtual FE brothers. Thanks for all of your hard work in D-12.

Mr. Luszcz, you are a class act! ;)

We left Va. feeling like we made some new friends.

Thanks again!!

Doug AKA Skeg Hater. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a blast, thanks to all that made it happen.
cool.gif
Had fun watching the SBD (FE) gang run in D-12.
biggrin.gif
...... ==={}

Thank you Dick (you're the man!) and Carol (mmm...cookies) and everyone else who made the race happen! Even though I scratched out on B-Hydro (after my mishap with poor Chuck's UL-1....sorry Chuck... :( ) and also scratched in B-Mono (mystery smoke on friday's run), I still had a great time just hanging out, pitting and meeting a bunch of people. Mike L. ...your tunnels are outstanding and you did beautiful work on your 1/8 scaler!!! Congrats on the best of show award!! You are very cool and it was a pleasure to meet you as well as Doug Smock (thank you for helping me with the Mono), Paul Rollins,Tim Jones, Kentley Porter (smokin' fast...****!) and the rest of the VA. FE gang!!! :D

I still like watching Don Ferrette and John Finch run...very fast stuff guys!!

I loved seeing the rudder stuck into Carol's cowling...that just does not always happen...LOL! :lol:

Chilli...What can I say...you are my Bro! :D

5 hour trip to Chesapeake = Priceless!

-Kent

Anyone on Facebook, the ODMBA fan page is/has been under construction - I work on it as I have time however I did post a bunch of pics I took over the weekend if you are interested. I do post the newsletter on there and am getting some IT help on posting scores and such.

Had a blast - seeing electrics was a first for me that was so cool! Tommy had a great time as well. Hope to see you all next year! Christi

Paul and I had a blast and can't wait until next year. Many thanks to the ODMBC!!!!!

Dick, Carol, Buddy, James, Justin and the CD,s. Thanks for all of your hard work and it was good to meet you!!

I'd like to thank all of D-12 for for giving the FE guys a chance to play in your sand box!! You guys are the best!

Kentley, John, Steve S, & Steve S. ( you guys decide who was first LOL) and Don, Thanks for all of your help pitting for us, and it was great hanging out with you fellas.

Mr. Speas, Mr.Sutton, Mr.Squires, thanks for the help and advice in chasing the gremlin out of my mono engine. :blink:

Chili, Mike L, Kent , Chuck and Danny, it was nice to finally meet my virtual FE brothers. Thanks for all of your hard work in D-12.

Thanks again!!

It was great seeing the future of model boat racing with all the electric stuff. I still think the electric boats need a baseball card on the prop to help with the motor sounds.

It was great meeting all you electric guys. Putting faces to names is always good. Even better when the faces have a good sense of humor. Hope to run into you guys again soon!

Thanks again!!

It was great seeing the future of model boat racing with all the electric stuff. I still think the electric boats need a baseball card on the prop to help with the motor sounds.

It was great meeting all you electric guys. Putting faces to names is always good. Even better when the faces have a good sense of humor. Hope to run into you guys again soon!
The electric boats are fast, but I have to agree John, you need noise. The sound of the engines gets my blood pumpin'! :lol: :lol: :lol: Carol

Wow, we sure lucked out on the weather, low to mid 80's for 3 days and now it's darn near 100 here in Virginia. :blink: I really enjoyed watching the FE boats and even though I was already in the planning stage of my first FE it really "amped up" my motivation to get my FE rigger done even sooner, hopefully before the boats get put up for the season. Was really glad to see Anthony Black and his sons Josh and Alex make the trip up again, always fun to hang with them. And Doug Smock, dude it was a blast as we now even have a new phrase for talkin' trash- "SmockSmack". :lol: Look forward to seeing everyone in Hagerstown for the last D12 points race but for now it's time to get ready for the IndyMasters in Hobart. B)

I really appreciate all the kind words from the guys that posted above. The feelings are mutual! You don't know how much it means it me to be accepted by people that do what I have come to enjoy and love. Being around you guys, learning from your experience and hearing about your past; weather its racing, woodworking, machining, etc. it makes me a better person, and that is all I can ask for! I have had more fun and learned more the last 3 years than the 10 years I built performance cars. Hope to see yall again soon! Mike

A big thanks to the young lady that took the photos and sold the DVD's. Wow 3500 great pics for 5 bucks. Sorry I didn't get your name, but you were under our tent for a while shooting pics. Thanks again, ==={}
cool.gif
cool.gif

Man - what a fun time that was - as always. Dick - thanks for letting me rape your trailer for wheel bearing parts. Made it home without any further issues. Wouldn't have happened without your generous "donation". The boys never even made it to school on Monday. At least their priorities are in the right place! Good to see all of you again. Ant

Ok so tell me. What's the best thing to use to get nitro by products off of a boat.

I'm not sure how many times Kentley lapped my JAE 21 FE P-Limited Hydro over the weekend, (the race is just a blur now) but I figure I must have at least 5 coats on this thing. :huh: :lol:

I'm not even sure I can tape the hatch down. :p

Doug :)

Ok so tell me. What's the best thing to use to get nitro by products off of a boat.

I'm not sure how many times Kentley lapped my JAE 21 FE P-Limited Hydro over the weekend, (the race is just a blur now) but I figure I must have at least 5 coats on this thing. :huh: :lol:

I'm not even sure I can tape the hatch down. :p

Doug :)
now you know how the rest of us up here in D-12 feel, doug :p . btw, denatured alcohol.......

KP's roostertail washed the nitro right off my boat. All you have to do is spray down your hull with a little Simple Green before the heat. We get a district discount.

BTW Doug, After I got home and had a good nights sleep, I calibrated that CC240 to my radio in about two minutes. After spending Friday trying to get that tunnel running right and the Titan 29 fiasco, my brain just wasnt right . On Sunday, every time I smelled nitro fumes while plugging in a pack I thought I was fying another controller. :blink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Doug,

Any orange citrus cleaner works very well. BTW, your boat is BEGGING to get nitro as the power fuel. You have FE and gas, maybe one day NITRO!

I'll have to make sure I have some Simple Green next year Mike. I'll wait and pick it up there so I get the discount. LOL

John,

The Mrs. had some Orange Clean under the sink, worked great.

Thanks guys!

Back