Zoom carbs are for sale now

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I havn't been able to test my Zoom gen III carbs yet, I was wondering who already did and what where the results.

Mr. Joe, I do not have ANY Zoom carbs left to sell.

I do not get involved in the bore size conversations of our toy carbs.

Thank you,

Charles

Cool On the 101 Bore Size. I just measured one your Sold Ray....... Sooooooo Now I know what they were..... 5$$ size.....

Cool On the 101 Bore Size. I just measured one your Sold Ray....... Sooooooo Now I know what they were..... 5$$ size.....
It is no big secret on the bore size BUT bigger is not always better. I will let the other carb designers and builders do their own homework.

Charles

Last edited by a moderator:
It is no big secret on the bore size BUT bigger is not always better. I will let the other carb designers and builders do their own homework.

Charles
its a perfect Bore Size & perfect Spray bar size. it did however fit extremely tight on the front of the engine. If you force it?? its distorts the hsg... I carefully opening up the engine side so it fit correctly & torqued it to 12 inch lbs. Nice Work.... Wish I had a Pair.......

Charles
its a perfect Bore Size & perfect Spray bar size. it did however fit extremely tight on the front of the engine. If you force it?? its distorts the hsg... I carefully opening up the engine side so it fit correctly & torqued it to 12 inch lbs. Nice Work.... Wish I had a Pair.......
Joe, I found out too late, after I had finished and sold all the Zoom 101 carbs, that the mounting protrusion on the back plates on some of the engines are slightly different sizes. If I had known, I could have opened up the mounting hole a few more thousandths on the carbs that I built. There were four carbs out of all that I built that were too tight. I try to keep the fit as close as I can to help eliminate any problems with the carbs sealing. A carb that leaks where it is mounted will drive you up the wall trying to get and keep a consistent needle setting. I will try to do better in the future.
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

Charles

Hello David, making more Zoom carbs are not on the top of my list right now. I am trying to get me something built to run and play with. This is a VERY slow process as I scratch build everything to do with the boat. I have a different design rigger that I started on several years ago. I recently got it out, blew the dust bunnies, spider webs and termites out of it and started to work on it again.

Hope to begin testing some this fall.

Thanks,

Charles

I havn't been able to test my Zoom gen III carbs yet, I was wondering who already did and what where the results.
Yes, I would like to know this also.....to be able to compare the real world results to all of the testing that was done.
Thanks,

Charles
Here's some testing with the new zoom carbs on my 45 Twin Roadrunner.

Thanks the engines need more break in. So it will be getting faster as we go along.

Julian

Back