Zippkit Bullitt first run today!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bullitt.JPGHere is a sweet shot of Bullitt in water.. have over 10 runs on her now!! getting broke in and developing more power every lap!! had fun trying to lap a mod cmk in a cat at Stony pond today!!! I'LL GET YOU BOB!!!LOL..

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks killer! Love the the scoop and forward cab. Great job!
Thanks!! Runs great and with no changes...minus cowl... all stone stock ZIPPKITS stuff!! have some vids posted and more on you tube... should have taken vids today allmost lapping a mod 26cc cat.!!! i had pipe too short and first time out today i lengthened it to 13.5 as recomended and she had some pretty good ZIP... LOL..pun intended!!

Had some water cooling problems....changed brass tubing built into hull to large dia tube, drilled out rudder pickup to 3mm cleaned cooling jacket and nipples... and after this run removed outlet buttons... as long as I have a straight shot from head and muffler water flows... running good now!!!

We had first race at Stony Pond 5/18-5/19.. entered BULLITT in thunderboat class..took 2nd kinda by default.. but I finished with no bouy hits,bouy cuts and was consistant... Had problems with exh. manifold loosening up... now have a GIZMO offset one to try..KEEP IT ON PIPE!!!

todays results were promising...who knew the 4 head bolts needed to be tight??LOL.. noticed there was exhaust gunk in engine bay and the exhaust manifold was still tight..duuuhh.. spec on the piston to head tolerances are now at .015 not bad.. new gasket and ring,sharpened,tuned and polished stock Zippkits prop,put Joes new pipe on along with a gizmo offset manifold (so i can remove with out pulling engine) new o-rings and moved the strut back to plans height first run and up 3/16' second run and we are in the running now!! dialed in and crankin!!!

Back