Zippkit Bullitt first run today!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard H. Parshall jr.

ran the bullitt today first run.. about 35deg f. bbrrrrrr!!!!!!Dont know how to post video, look me up on you tube.. search rickparshall

Last edited by a moderator:
All zippkit, its a Bullitt thunderboat, only change was cowl.. changed to cab forward, has a ZIPPKIT ultimate hardwars combo for thunderboat(nice hardware!!)also a brand new X-Force engine (also from ZIPPPKITS) Red KLASS KOTE WITH GLOSS CAT.,PRIMED WITH K/K PRIMER,GREY WITH FAST WHITE PRIMER CAT. wet sanded down to 600 grit.. nice finish, nice kit, everything high quality as we have come to expect from ZIPPKITS...engine ran great, we only ran for a few minutes on bench with water started up imediatly and ran great.. no damage from blowover, was barely more than half throttle going upwind when blowover occured.. will check strut angle possibly add some negitave to prop angle,also will angle turn fin down a bit, JOE P. said it will probably calm it down!!! THANKS JOE, great service, great kit, great engine and great building your stuff!! :D

Rick

Nice build,Ive seen some of these boats go really fast. Also Ive seen some turn as good as any Thunderboat out there

Thanks guys.. twas cold... bullitt didnt care.. my frozen fingers let go of pull cord when the engine snapped.. dent in deck.. :( ...still ran ok.. Joe Petro gave me some things to check so it will stay ON the water not ABOVE the water...lol... i am an airplane guy too so I thought I was on takeoff run... snowing now so it may be a while before she runs again... it was a suprise how it turned tho.. added no trim and turned quick for a big boat!!

Rick

Richard, How about some still pics. I'd like to see the cab foward design.

The Zippkits Bullits where smoking the water at the VooDoo Race in November.

Richard, I looked at the pic in your gallery,very cool.

What motor are you running in the vids.? Seen to have plenty power.

Next time out try a 7016/2 my T-Boat runs well with it.

Merry Christmas

Richard, I looked at the pic in your gallery,very cool.

What motor are you running in the vids.? Seen to have plenty power.

Next time out try a 7016/2 my T-Boat runs well with it.

Merry Christmas
Hi BADGASBOATING,The bullitt has a X-FORCE 26cc from zippkits in it and the ultimate hardware combo from zippkits as well... the prop is a 6717/3 i believe, it was included in hdw. pkg. from zipp... It has plenty of power, of corse it is my first gasser boat, have several gas airplanes but untill now all my boats have been nitro..I think i am hooked on gas!!! The complete build is in my gallery, and am in process of building a Zippkits A-Box crackerbox for a customer that will be in gallery too... thanks for the nice comments and prop suggestion, when the ice melts i will try it out....

Rick P.

http://youtu.be/8SRX9ZMXRGU Got several runs today on Bullitt.. last time out had water cooling problems.. Drilled lower inlet holes in rudder out to 3mm as per Joes suggestion.. worked good.. running much better as it breaks in!!! we had a work party at Stony Pond Model Boat Club pond today and started putting up fences and setting out bouys in prep for may race!! first races at our pond!!

Last edited by a moderator:
:rolleyes: AND its NOT legal to race IMPBA races with this engine...I know... I am a rebel!! and a few in our club are too... we have our own races,LOL.. B)

That's how one starts at the bottom and work up. Your hull ran fine. that Zen will come this summer ,when money allows

keep plugin away .Someone will want a new Bullit ,you can trade services. Master builder. And you ran "in a crowd" Yee ha

That's how one starts at the bottom and work up. Your hull ran fine. that Zen will come this summer ,when money allows

keep plugin away .Someone will want a new Bullit ,you can trade services. Master builder. And you ran "in a crowd" Yee ha
That Zen will come with the next Bullitt... and then look out!!

Ran Bullitt several more runs last weekend.. leaned her out a bit,ran good,took off the 1472-3 and ran a 6518-3.... got more rpm and ran quite a bit faster,holding the pipe better and coming off the pipe and back on now... going to try the 1472-3 this weekend with slightly less pipe length. like to spin the bigger prop at the rpms it was develpoing with the 6518... may sharpen and check balance never did it when prop was new. Hull jumps right up on plane and is solid in turns and straights..getting more power with every lap!! gonna be a fun summer,if it ever gets here...Work party at Stony Pond sunday.... and prop tests...lol

Latest posts

Back