Zen 260 Tuned Pipe Options

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Palica

It's springtime in New England and the water is soft again. My Sport Gas Hydro (first gas boat by the way) is anxious to get in the water but needs a pipe. I've been waiting for M&D to complete testing on their new pipe but can't wait any longer so I've been researching the options available to me in steel pipes. There's CC, Hanson (aluminum), Cooper, Rocket City and American R/C boats to name a few. I'm not so concerened about which is better than the other. Performance wise I'd probably be hard pressed to see the difference. The price on the other hand varies considerably with CC and Hanson about $150 and RCR and American less than $100. All provide a muffler, 90 degree header (my preference), cooling flange, clamps and O rings. What am I not seeing in the various offerings?

Hi John,

The best all around pipe is the 2" Band aluminum pipe with the TMOD muffler attached. It offers great power and the adjustability thats needed.

Brian

Rocket City Racing

It's springtime in New England and the water is soft again. My Sport Gas Hydro (first gas boat by the way) is anxious to get in the water but needs a pipe. I've been waiting for M&D to complete testing on their new pipe but can't wait any longer so I've been researching the options available to me in steel pipes. There's CC, Hanson (aluminum), Cooper, Rocket City and American R/C boats to name a few. I'm not so concerened about which is better than the other. Performance wise I'd probably be hard pressed to see the difference. The price on the other hand varies considerably with CC and Hanson about $150 and RCR and American less than $100. All provide a muffler, 90 degree header (my preference), cooling flange, clamps and O rings. What am I not seeing in the various offerings?

I've been happy with the pipe I got from Maston's. Currently he's showing a $124.95 price for a complete kit with pipe / manifold / o-rings / muffler / bolts & clamps & your choice of header 90 / 100 /106.

I second the 2" band pipe and muffler! Good torque for a large boat. I use a Cooper muffler on mine for extra quiet. T-mods are great too, I just want max quiet.

I have tried maybe all the pipes in the market...MD,CC usa,CC china,Hanson,Cooper,Mac 15cc...etc and agree with the Hanson 2"band alu pipe with MikeTyson muffler(large and cheater)...my Z26 full mod sings great on a sprint cat.

Gill

I got my first one from Jim Irwin, it is the weld on one just like on their pipes, very quiet and no power loss! Extremely happy with it. Everyone who hears my Cat run is amazed. I compare it to a Sewing machine. ;) I just picked up the clamp on muffler from Cornell at Mid-West, yet to run it but I have heard from reliable sources it is almost as quiet. Quality is top notch! RCR sells them now as well.

Not trying to take away from direct sales by any means, just that I'm here in Australia and I have to combine my orders to save on freight.

One last note, not all 2" band pipes have the same size stingers! If your ordering mufflers from Mike T make sure you know your stinger diameter! B)

Back