Your next .21 mono?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Olson

Guess who's coming out with a Bad Ass .21 mono ARTR? Give up? How about of all Companies, Kyosho! This could be a contender!

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/main-e.html

A real fiberglass hull with what looks like an OS .21, tuned pipe with an add-on muffler and decent running gear. They just upped the playing field on ARTR boats this time, finally a serious looking boat from them.

Click on new, then to Heat Racer.

It looks to be designed (or copied) by a racer. Using 4 inch rails is a good sign of that. This could be just the thing to increase interest in racing. It all depends on price of course.

yea it realy doesn't look like your standard kit boat does it.

Octura hardware and stuff.

But I didn't find anything about the engine, so I assume it's not included in the kit ??? :p

I agree, it looks alot like the O.S max .21

Hi Guy's

I would not worry about the hull being FRP - yes it's plastic. LOL

But just in case you guy's didn't realise it so are all your epoxy boats. Fiberglass matt and cloth are forms of plastic fiber and the resins used polyester and epoxy are both forms of plastics. Therefore Fiber Reinforced Plastic AKA FRP or GRP for glass reinforced plastic.

Looks a bit sexier than there other offerings. Definately an OS engine I'd be guessing an RG series motor.

GT ;D

not bad at all!!

i like the trend in RTRs/ARRs recently, the miss bud, nitrohammer, and now this....maybe we've seen the last of POS plasticky little things that cant even get up on plane?

that engine mount looks pretty sweet, and it's included in the kit too!

carbon-blade rudder, that sure beats the junk Kyosho usually puts on it's stuff. i wonder what the price will be??

Joe

ive never heard of asymmetrical hulls to counterract prop walk or rolling, is it just that all hulls are made that way?

Joe

Copied from site...

FMR 21V Kit Contents

Epoxy FRP and pre-glued veneer frame hull assembly

Floating Engine Mount

290cc Fuel Tank

Waterproof radio box

Octura 4.7mm Flexible Wire Shaft

Drive Unit

Rudder Unit & Carbon Blade

Linkage Parts

Decal

Boat Stand

FMR 21V Technical Data

Length(hull Length) 970mm(860mm)

Width 260mm

Total Weight approx. 2,100g

Screw D40 - 45

(Parts Available Separately)

Engine(incle.) water-cooled 21 class

Radio(incle.) 2channel 2Servo

High quality epoxy resin FRP hull is packed full of high performance features and components to deliver a genuine racing boat capable of leaving all in its wake!

Representing an extraordinary evolution in high-speed boat racing, the FMR 21V issues a challenge to world of heat racing. Combines design features that make pro racers itch with excitement and the balance and ease of operation that also makes this ideal for novice racers as well. Kyosho's renowned quality, reliability and performance are available at a very affordable price. Kyosho's extensive R/C technology and design know-how has been put together to for you to take on the big race challenges.

Strong top quality epoxy resin used in FRP hull resists deterioration from time and the elements.

Conforming to the A-Class monoplane design class, and using specially selected components, the FMR 21V shows Kyosho's true strengths in quality and design.

Coloring is made easy due to the hull's urethane coated white finish.

Kit comes complete with drive/rudder unit and other high-grade Octura parts.

Lightweight precision-machined carbon rudder blade also shows great durability and rigidity.

Non-symmetrical V hull design diminishes the effects of counter-torque.

Equipped with precision-machined Duralumin floating engine mount (4 inch width).

Radio box keeps any water and spray out of the radio control components.

Use of lightweight glass re-enforced nylon resin brackets etc. make the boat about 500g lighter than comparable boats in its class. Weighs as light as 15 class boats.

Offset propeller removes any loss of propulsion power from backwash.

Ideal for those ready to step up from electric or 10 Class boats.

You can get RTR Seaducers! TJ's Performance will build them about any way that you want them. Jerry Crowther Hisself would probably do it for the right price.

hopefully what's next............high quality, small-brand stuff available from Tower at Tower-like prices!!

i think Seaducer, Speedmaster, FDM, AM, etc. etc. could afford to lower prices alot if they were gauranteed to sell everything they could churn out.

Joe

I mailed Jerry Crowther about Setting up a new Ducer, He will install the hardware, stuffing tube, rudder, motor mount and gas tank for 100 bucks extra.

I asked him this before i seen the post was looking at the new big ducer for weeder motor, and someone said have Jerry himself set it up, and NEVER touch the trim on the outdrive. I guess theres a guy that races that jerry set up for and hes never touched it, and it runs great.

I prefer ARR boats. Something about it, I dont like to drill into a brand new boat.

So someone else doing the stuffing tube and that, works for me.

Back