young blood 38

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark holton jr

ok guys i got me a new boat i got a 38 inch two strak young blood im going to use a cmb silver head 45 and i just whanted to know how these boats handle are they a good race boat im not going for any titles or anything but i dont whant to be the slowest boat at the race ether second to last is fine lol

I had a 38" boat back in the late 1980's and raced it for about 2 years. Ran a Picco .45 in it. The boat was fast, but it never did corner very well ( the bow would always dig in the corners, making the boat "hook" at times ) and when you least expected it, the boat would "submarine" for no reason. My suggestion would be to find something a little more up to date to race, rather than a 20 plus year old design. Just an honest opinion..............

Dick Tyndall

I had a 38" boat back in the late 1980's and raced it for about 2 years. Ran a Picco .45 in it. The boat was fast, but it never did corner very well ( the bow would always dig in the corners, making the boat "hook" at times ) and when you least expected it, the boat would "submarine" for no reason. My suggestion would be to find something a little more up to date to race, rather than a 20 plus year old design. Just an honest opinion..............
Dick Tyndall
Hey Mark, i ran one back in the 1980's, with a CMB .45. I used to spend a lot of time matching the sleeve ports to the crank case on those old CMB's, and setting zimmerman disc clearance. Used 40% fuel, Macs pipe and a ABC 55x69 (3) prop. Not to bad of a boat in its day, but times have changed. Richard D

the guy i got it from said it was a great boat all it needed was a motor and a prop and it is in great shape so im not complaining about it i only gave $140 shipped for it i know what it is you guys dont like loseing to a twenty year old boat lol and iv seen it more often than not iv seen a lot of guys drop thousands into a boat and never finish a race my self id rather finish last than first why (at least i finished) its just like when i was racing cars i got laghed at all the time i was racing a stock car in the pro mod class and i never finished less then second so all i care about is geting it across the line

I was wondering if anyone noticed my reply. The cure for the youngblood hook was discussed as part on another thread about bernoulli. See the response from twox45 in this thread

Last edited by a moderator:
ok im lost on that post was the strip put on the free board or on on the bottom of the hull under the free board??????

Back