Yo Jer n Otis

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slideblues

Hey Dude,

By the looks of the Engine Timing post you have covered the powerhead thang, But what about the lower.

What gear set are you using? Like if you tried TT powerhead with a different lower like a Lawless?

Just curious,

Gener B)

Just wondering if there is a loss, Or advantage, using the gears Vs flex type lower......

Timbo jump in too if ya want,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Dude,

By the looks of the Engine Timing post you have covered the powerhead thang, But what about the lower.

What gear set are you using? Have you tried the TT powerhead with a different lower like a Lawless?

Just curious,

Gener B)

Just wondering if there is a loss, Or advantage, using the gears Vs flex type lower......
Well my Ozark Friend just FYI the TT turns the same direction as an inboard engine :huh:

You would have to make a crank that will run the engine in dee opposite die-erection(know bout dat)

in order to work on duh lawless :p

You outa come around more boy, I'll teach most anythin :lol:

Shazam !!!! Ya mean dat engine is Bassackerds, Well slap me blind :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sheeeesh had no Ider, Might splain thangs, :blink: :p

Gener B)

Gene,

The TT engine runs in the normal direction, not reversed like an O/B power head.

Personally, I think the TT lower is reasonable, but it is heavy.

Hey Timbo, Got cha on tha reversed,

Guess my point was ( Other than being on top of my head :lol: )

Running the gearset, more torque bigger prop thang,

Gener B) AKA Goober :p

That's one of the reasons h'why they're heavier than the rest,,that'n the gawd awful muffler

they put on the thing,,,which get's cut off first thing :D

Yeah, I guess I'm typin' over Tim, sorry bro :ph34r:

Go Ahead Tim,,I'll steer for a while

Yea that muff is cast to the lower right ? :D

Me Thinks Therfore I Am.....Knowledge is Power....Pfssssssst :lol: :p

Jubelation T. Cornpone B)

Hey where did Tim go ? Time for my nap Zzzzzzzz.......... :ph34r:

I'd love to try a high strung engine on a TT lower with the gear reduction set in it.

34krpm at the engine, 29krpm at the prop and more torque than direct drive for some serious prop pulling power :eek:

I should shut up now before the cat gets outta the bag.....

:D ;) And the wheels on tha bus go round and round, The wheels go round and round :p :lol:

For the rest of Y'all, We three been doing dis fer a long time, sometimes we Type n' Tongues

Read between tha lines, You'll get it........

Well maybe not :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gener B)

I'd love to try a high strung engine on a TT lower with the gear reduction set in it.

34krpm at the engine, 29krpm at the prop and more torque than direct drive for some serious prop pulling power :eek:

I should shut up now before the cat gets outta the bag.....
Wha' I Think It's outa the Bag Already,,Back in the Skunk Works Are Ya :rolleyes:

The last couple times I used those reduction gears things were a little off in the mesh

or like last summer the lower gear was rubbin' on the "roller bearing" outer race ,it

made a intresting noise but it wasn't gettin' there.

That's one of the advantages of the Tigers is the different gearsets, That You Can't

Get Anymore! :blink:

I might have to see what sort of revs I can get out of a TT powerhead. A pipe change is in order but I think I know a pipe that will make the required revs. If not might have to adapt a different powerhead to a TT PTO. I wonder if a TT 13mm crank will fit in a short stroke Novarossi :rolleyes:

The big questions are;

1. Will an engine set up for 34,000rpm lose more torque than the gear reduction can gain, compared to a direct drive set-up at 28000+rpm. I'm pretty certain it won't.

2. What part will fail first?

YO! Now there's a thought, and there seems to be a glut of those SS Nova's. I just wonder 'bout the availability of parts :huh:

If you decide to do that I have quite a pile of PTO's with the bearings removed, also the lower where the propshaft assembly screws in is much stronger on these newer motors.

I just completed a similar mod to fit the OS PTO up the butt of a Mac OB,, so it can be done if things are close enough ;)

Latest posts

Back