Yes, I too caught the Jae fever ! Jae 45 67 build help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickGlover

A coouple of questions on getting the cure. I'm building a 45 and a 67. The 67 is 1 inch longer should the engine sit in the same position as the 45? If not how far back? And do they both get the s bend in the flex shaft tube like the 20 Jae which has the engine straight up an not tilted?

A coouple of questions on getting the cure. I'm building a 45 and a 67. The 67 is 1 inch longer should the engine sit in the same position as the 45? If not how far back? And do they both get the s bend in the flex shaft tube like the 20 Jae which has the engine straight up an not tilted?
Rick, I would put the center line (plug) of the motor the same distance from the transom as the 45. With the added torque from the 67 and the larger diameter prop a little extra tail weight wouldn't hurt. The S bend is your choice, if you put the motor in flat you will have to use the S bend, if you mount the motor at 7 degrees then the single bend will work fine. With a 45 or 67 you will not see a performance advantage between flat or tilted. if you get the chance post some pictures of your builds.

David

Rick, I would put the center line (plug) of the motor the same distance from the transom as the 45. With the added torque from the 67 and the larger diameter prop a little extra tail weight wouldn't hurt. The S bend is your choice, if you put the motor in flat you will have to use the S bend, if you mount the motor at 7 degrees then the single bend will work fine. With a 45 or 67 you will not see a performance advantage between flat or tilted. if you get the chance post some pictures of your builds.

David
Thanks David, Can't wait to get these boats in the water. I will post pictures soon .

Back