Y/D Spec Rating?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael defrain

Still learning, I'm trying to find out what the Y/D spec rating in the motor P/n's is I keep seeing. I understand Kv,max rpm, watts, most all the rest. Another thing why is a 2200kv Neu 1415 3x more expensive than a 2200kv leopard? The Neu is a 1y the Leopard 3D most all the other Spec's I have checked are similar weight, Max pwr, Max voltage. Thanks

Y (wye) and D (Delta) are the type of winding that is used witin the motor, to be honest i dont take much notice when buying a motor as i'm more interested in the KV and size, however when programming the esc you need to know if it is a D or Y for setting up the timimg.

The reason for motors like Lehner and NEU costing alot more than Leopard/TP is due to quality of material being used and location of manufacturer, Lehner germany, NEU US, Leopard in China. So basically the NEU and Lehner motor will be a better quality motor.

Performance wise the Lehner and Neu will out perform the Leopard, if you are looking for a motor to run around the local pond then the Leopard will do however if you are serious about racing or are after maximum speed then you want to run either a NEU or Lehner motor.

Now That's an answer!! Made is America.....I didn't Know went out and bought this leopard " should have done my home work. I can put it in something else, I'm amassing a Boat load of Part's :Din the past few year's," Next toy I slap together I'll use it. But for The JAE21 project I'm involved in I'm thinking Stars & stripes "NUE" it's fitting might be done around 4th of July the way I'm Going. THANKS for the lesson.

The leopard motors are good, I run one in my 6s Delta force as a fun run around boat and I do like it however, all of my race boats run Lehner motors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back