Anyone have real motor specs for 1717 castle/nue

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
data i got bac from 1 min runs on x645 and the x450

X450: x450 data.png

Last edited:
As surprised as I was I checked the sessions over and over again and this has to be the 450 run I cant belive it only saw 130 amp peaks . I dont drive it like gunning it from a standstill. Still havent really drove the boat full on all the way around the course. What will be nice is to see how much I can affect ripple by adding caps. It looks though like the 452 deserves a run on the 1717. The speed of the 450 was much better that the 645. Just a note the turnigy in this same boat and set up was very strong with a 452 . Do not underestimate some of those cheaper outrunners they pack alot of torque and efficiency. We will see. ill get out tommorrow and test. I think with water cooling I can safely pull around 160 amps peak and still be okay.

hulls and setups make a huge difference - 1 1717 on a 40 inch df copy will do close to 70 in the right trim with a 645 this prather was no way near that. Th df Im thinking of was set up real lose but still didnt think it would make that much difference. I like the way the prather cuts chop though;it carves nicely.

Hugh

Last edited:
The castle 1717 was really strong on a 452 looks like its hitting a sweet spot . Datalog said 139 max amps pullin 3303 watts.Dont know how accurate IT was but the finger test said yes yes yes give me more. Esc and motor lukewarm in this setup. I calculate about 57 mph.

Back