• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Prather Cable Collet Assemblies

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetpack

Looking to buy a couple of .187 collet assemblies, new if possible.

Not sure if they ever made .250 collets but would like a couple of those too.

Need them in 1/4-28 size threads.

Hyperformance doesn't carry them I see, and Sheldon's on eBay only has the .150 sizes.

Thanks, Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
are you talking about the old school prather ones? they used set screws to hold the cable?

Hi Rob, no these are the split brass compression type. I never knew they had made the kind you mentioned. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Roxy, I thought the same thing too at first, but the Prather ones all have brass collets and seem to use better finished hex stock material so I'm going to try and hunt a bit for them.

I believe my Aeromarine inserts are Brass and my camp swears by the Aeromarine brand. If you have questions regarding that call Remi direct at Aeromarine, 302.628.3944. I'm sure he can satisfy your concerns.

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill, I sent them an email about that just after the last post. Thanks for the response.

The only Aeromarine coupler that I bought for my OPS was all stainless and so are their pictures so it has me wondering.

aeromarine switched to the brass collet on the 3/16 cable size only,which has been a bad idea,as the brass twists up when tightened up.

I have both Aeromarine and Prather units and I can not tell the difference between them. Until I read this post, I thought they were all made at the same machine shop just market under different brands. Apparently not?

I have both stainless and brass collets. I prefer stainless because it is stronger.

I can't even find a Prather Products site now. Does someone have the url that picked them up?

Thanks,

Bill

Back