WRCA Race/Brandon OCT 3rd 2010 CANCELED/RESCHEDULED?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AFIRacing

The Oct 3rd 2010 WRCA Race is cancelled as of today and will hopefully be rescehduled sometime before year end. This decision was based on the very low turn expectations due to 3/4 of the normal field (including 75%of the Host club) will be attending the Fall Nationals,with majority traveling on the 5-6th of October. sorry for any inconvienance this may have caused. Thank You All in Advance

Steve H.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Oct 3rd 2010 WRCA Race is cancelled as of today and will hopefully be rescehduled sometime before year end. This decision was based on the very low turn expectations due to 3/4 of the normal field (including 75%of the Host club) will be attending the Fall Nationals,with majority traveling on the 5-6th of October. sorry for any inconvienance this may have caused. Thank You All in Advance

Steve H.
**** it man I was looking forward to this race I need to get ready for SOWEGA :p

not too late for hagerstown, ron :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: .......
Would be nice but SOWEGA 2 hours Hagerstown 17 hours :blink:

And 2 hours is my limit right now, by the time the WTC roles around again I might stretch it to 6 hours :rolleyes:

Last edited:
you NEED to stretch it for the WTC, ron. some of the best tunnel racing anywhere, & one HELLUVA a good time. next spring will be my fourth, 12 - 13 hrs. for me, WELL worth it!!! look foward to meeting you there.

Would kinda suck to see a WCRA race fall off the schedule, they are few and far between enough.

Understand the reasoning, if you guys need any help getting it done this year, just say the word Hearle, Im there. B)

Besides I have a couple of surprises left for the end of the year. :rolleyes:

Andy

Would kinda suck to see a WCRA race fall off the schedule, they are few and far between enough.

Understand the reasoning, if you guys need any help getting it done this year, just say the word Hearle, Im there. B)

Besides I have a couple of surprises left for the end of the year. :rolleyes:

Andy
Yeah Hearl Help is right here and besides I JUST WANT TO PLAY with MY TOY FRICKIN BOATS :p

Steve H.
5th and 6th of October is two days after this event was to be in the books! Cancelled? Whats up with that?

It seems half of these races have been canceled this year. Maybe who ever makes the schedule should look at all the other races going on first.

It seems half of these races have been canceled this year. Maybe who ever makes the schedule should look at all the other races going on first.

Let's just be clear here. The Tampa races are in limbo because of their pond situation, not bad scheduling. Think it's easy to schedule 6 races each year? 11 District races mean pretty much 1 each month. In order not to be on top of those races, you must schedule WCRA in between by 2 weeks. Pretty much limits your choice to 12 days out of the year. Now look at how many fall on holidays, Mother's day, Father's day, Easter, Joe Blow's birthday, etc.,etc., Then the other big races that many want to go to, WTC, Atlanta, Charleston, Nats of several types, now STORM, and maybe you can begin to understand that it's just not that simple to come up with a schedule to make everyone happy.

Give Steve a chance, he will once again attempt to get all parties together to try to come up with the best possible schedule for 2011.

The bigger question is that we need to encourage EVERYONE to attend these races regardless of where they are held.

The bigger question is that we need to encourage EVERYONE to attend these races regardless of where they are held.
You got that right!

PS. I am still waiting on someone to get me points from the other two events this season. Keeping the points updated and out there hopefully will help keep people interested!

Let's just be clear here. The Tampa races are in limbo because of their pond situation, not bad scheduling. Think it's easy to schedule 6 races each year? 11 District races mean pretty much 1 each month. In order not to be on top of those races, you must schedule WCRA in between by 2 weeks. Pretty much limits your choice to 12 days out of the year. Now look at how many fall on holidays, Mother's day, Father's day, Easter, Joe Blow's birthday, etc.,etc., Then the other big races that many want to go to, WTC, Atlanta, Charleston, Nats of several types, now STORM, and maybe you can begin to understand that it's just not that simple to come up with a schedule to make everyone happy.

Give Steve a chance, he will once again attempt to get all parties together to try to come up with the best possible schedule for 2011.

Don ..I don't envy your tenure as Race Coordinator !! It's easy to throw stones from the rafters when you don't have the BIG PICTURE in focus . Frankly when you look at the calender in any of our lives with all that is going on ....I just want to burn the calender ...grab a cooler and head to the beach and keep it all simple !!! Life whether fun or work or family really is too friggin busy to enjoy some times and I think if we keep this in focus we all will be a bit happier !! With that said i will keep running 6 - 7 classes and thrashing cause that is the way i roll LOL ! Thanks for your tremendous and difficult tenure at the helm of the BMB and I look forward to kicking your arse in whatever class I can !!! Just kidding of course ! :) :)

And i hope to be throwin in Tom's 6 or 7 boats and racin a few of my own soon....only those blessed souls who actually schedule and run organized model boat races truely can understand and appreciate the INSANE amount of work and time that goes into such a process.....i for one am grateful and VERY thankful for those who are willing to undertake such activities...MODEL BOAT RACING SIMPLY WOULDNT EXSIST WITHOUT THESE SPECIAL FOLKS! :)

And i hope to be throwin in Tom's 6 or 7 boats and racin a few of my own soon....only those blessed souls who actually schedule and run organized model boat races truely can understand and appreciate the INSANE amount of work and time that goes into such a process.....i for one am grateful and VERY thankful for those who are willing to undertake such activities...MODEL BOAT RACING SIMPLY WOULDNT EXSIST WITHOUT THESE SPECIAL FOLKS! :)

Oh ..you will be in the mix .....After Charleston you are gonna get your collective windexed stuff to the lake.. and you will be trashed !!!! Bring it Rocket Man !!

Oh ..you will be in the mix .....After Charleston you are gonna get your collective windexed stuff to the lake.. and you will be trashed !!!! Bring it Rocket Man !!
AFFIRMATIVE KEMOSABI! ;) :) Guess who was ALSO at the launch.....with a MODEL ROCKET??? Does "GODFATHER" sound familiar?.....yep! Our own MR.OTTO plays with Model Rockets!! Oh, Haley and Hannah got thier "first launch" certificates (cute!) and each won a kit at the raffle....then John gave them the kit he won, so they made out like BANDITS! :D John is a Hall of Famer no matter what the hobby is, and im glad to call him a friend....he's just good people! :)

AFFIRMATIVE KEMOSABI! ;) :) Guess who was ALSO at the launch.....with a MODEL ROCKET??? Does "GODFATHER" sound familiar?.....yep! Our own MR.OTTO plays with Model Rockets!! Oh, Haley and Hannah got thier "first launch" certificates (cute!) and each won a kit at the raffle....then John gave them the kit he won, so they made out like BANDITS! :D John is a Hall of Famer no matter what the hobby is, and im glad to call him a friend....he's just good people! :)
John Otto a rocket scientist. Now that beats all I ever heard :lol:

Latest posts

Back