Would like your advise

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Renna

Supporting Member
I'm new to high performance FE...

I am just finishing up one of Mike's GP310's. I just got some new 5000mah 4S batteries for it, while I've been using Deans plugs for ages on my cars and some of my FE boats, the new wire gauge on these batteries doesn't look like its going to solder to a deans plug very well.

I've seen a photo or two of some setups here on IW where they are using just bullet connectors. I bought some of OSE's connectors with red housing

But I'm just not sure how to make a clean setup with this..

Any advise or better yet some photos of some setups so I can get some ideas would really be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Miller-GP310-pic-1.jpg

I always use 5.5 mm gold connectors for batteries and esc's u can get them from OSE or kintec or mojo racing (my favorite) and other places....don't forget to use shrink wrap on the ends I am away from home right now so I cant tell ya which end gets male or female ends.....maybe some others on here can help

I use 6mm connectors and a good100watt iron to get them soldered properly.in the battery the positive cable is female and the negative male.Gill

Hope you can see the 6mm connectors on the battery: red cable= female conector and black cable= male conector Gill

020.JPG

I always use 5.5 mm gold connectors for batteries and esc's u can get them from OSE or kintec or mojo racing (my favorite) and other places....don't forget to use shrink wrap on the ends I am away from home right now so I cant tell ya which end gets male or female ends.....maybe some others on here can help
For the battery ends just remember red hot female.
default_biggrin.png

Good one Don LOL

Me being a newbie to the FE scene and sharing my $.02 worth in Obamadollars, while soldering 5mm bullet connectors for a 2S set up, like Gil I used a 100/120 watt solder iron with Novak liquid rosin solder and thin Stay-Brite silver bearing solder, or Novak makes a kit of both for electrical connections.Following advice I got, tin the wire and bullet connector first, then join while keeping hot with the iron, followed by heat shrink tubing. Good luck with your FE boat, getting my Mini Sprint wet this weekend after paint cures!

Wallster

Latest posts

Back