World brand servo?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardM

I saw some of these on eBay and remembered I had a box of them somewhere. Finally found em and there are a couple of jumbo size in the mix, anybody remember anything about these old servos? The big daddy's look like they ought to turn a battleship, should be OK for play boats? Thanks Richard

Richard:

I had a couple of those big white things back in the early 80s in 60 riggers. They didn't hold up well at all for me. I would pass. However, I don't know what you plan to put them in. They might be fine for your application. Servos take a lot of abuse in racing outriggers.

Don :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember a brand of "World Engines" servos,,they were noisey, but seemed to work well in airplanes of the day and I use

one for stearing on a 1/4 scale tunnel. It got wet finally and died,,,but some of you guys should check out the "FMA" servos

for stearing that are currently available. They have Futaba connectors and can stand up to the abuses an Outboard can dish out,

and they are much less money,,,say $33 for a 119 oz servo at 4.8 volts,,,that would be the FMA "PS905MBB" I think.

Jerry

Back