Wild Thing .21 build sugestions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curtis Beaumont

After my first year racing in the P-limited Mono and Sport Tunnel classes, I was given a OS .21 VZ motor and I would like to put it in something. I like to build (Balsa and Ply Airplanes mostly) and one of my fellow racers has a great Wild thing that is quite competitive. I think this is the mono for me (to build one from plans). I would like suggestions for what I should outfit it with. I am concerned more about the running hardware (rudder, strut, cable size, turn fins, trim tabs, pipe). What would you guys suggest and where would I acquire the hardware? I don't have an unlimited budget, but let me know your thoughts.

Thank you and when I get it built I will try to remember to take and post pictures.

Curtis

I would look at Speedmaster for most, if not all of your parts. I know they are not cheap but I've never had anything I've bought from them fail. Their website is http://www.rossisales.com

Last edited by a moderator:
When I build mine this winter, Im going to use the grimracer hardware off the revolt hulls. Its really some nice stuff, and priced pretty fair as well.

Rodney,

That is interesting. I have a revolt and love it. I agree, the hardware is really top notch. I hadn't priced the hardware out for one. Would you recommend everything the Revolt has? Both fins, both trim tabs, etc?

thanks,

Curtis

Im thinking of trying out everything from the revolt on this here Wild Thing. If the tabs and fins dont work, then you can always make the ones specified in the wild thing plans.

Guys,

What kind of pipe would you suggest for this thing? I plan to use a O.S. .21 VZ. Maybe I should post that in the motors forum?

C

Curtis..... dude.. your HOOKED... our evil plan is well at work.. muhahahah..

Grim

ops 3280 on the pipe!

Last edited by a moderator:
Grim,

It's sad but true, I am an H2O junkie now. I was just looking at that pipe and talking to another member and he had suggested it too.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
C

I am tempted, but I put the plans for the Wild thing on order already. I'm also concerned there aren't enough guys running the sport 20 (that's 20 size sport hydro, correct?) to make sure I have a full summer of racing. I know there are plenty of 20 monos though.

Maybe next winter,

C

Back