Whoopass III SAW build up pics.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re:pics for Gener and others

Guys,

This is the successor to the boat I got from Topfuel about 2 months ago. Good news is the boat stable at hi speeds. I put a CMB O/B on it and dialed it in today. No GPS this time but it was looking close to 46 mph. Handled the waves well with no tendency to hook, spin or flip.

I think you guys are onto something.

Bad news, I think you should double the transom thickness as sometimes those blind nuts put a lot of strain on the wood. Also, watch it, TopFuel's not very good at packing...watch that cavitation plate. ;)

Snowdog

I do my outboard mounting a little different, I use one thicknes of ply and two small threaded aluminum strips running vertical for each side,

For SAW it works fine, ran it this way on my Villain S-1 and V2 no problemos ;)

Gene ;D

Guys,

Also, watch it, TopFuel's not very good at packing...watch that cavitation plate. ;)

Snowdog
Heh heh, sorry bout that once again. that was the last time that i cut out a lower end all the way to the cav plate. it looks better but it needs a little material left from the old muffler for support. terrible casting in those days of k&b's

~ James

Topfuel,

That's ok...as I mentioned, I had a work around.

Snowdog

Snowdog racing, I gotto get off this computer.

Slide,

I was considering that a short while ago. Could you post a picture so I can get an idea?

Snowdog

Team Snowdog, I'm jumping into this headfirst!

Yeah I'll get a pic of them next roll I shoot,

Gene ;D

Izit, Man what ya doin with that radio box? THATS BIG!!!!

Should be room for a GPS and a Tach in there thou........ ;)

Whoopass III SAW build up pics

here is some pics of the sponsons getting built using the build up method.

Pic 1 Mock up of how it goes together before the glue goes on.

(I spent two hours cutting out and sanding the "Spars" !! )

pic 4 Glued the runners in. starting to take shape.

pic 6 bring the front together, this is kinda the tricky part.

looks prety rough right now but a few hours of sanding, and some sheet work, itll be breakin records before you know it ;D

Notice the diagonal peices in the front of the sponson these will be removed when the glue has cured. they only aid in the building process.

I will let Gene decide if he wants to give out the specs. Its not your average heat racer 8) Its pretty obvious there will be very little running surface area though ;D

~ james

TF,

Right there... Not much surface at all..... Good Pics.. thx....

Mark

OB Nut Racing: I need me a SS...... ;D

I'm slobberin on my keyboard here......... :eek:

James nice work Man!!!! Moving it right along, I like it!!!!!

The reduced ride surfaces is just for less drag at speed along with the Shallow Draft Concept (reduced area in the tunnel) it gonna be a Hottie!!!!

Gene ;D

Like I said before, a few hours of sanding and Im ready for the sheeting. wipe your mouth Gener, youre slobberin' ;D

~ James

Back