Whoopass III SAW build up pics.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topfuel443

Vendor
Hey Gene, just wanted to show you the pic of the center section, feel free to move these to your other posts about this project. This is for the SAW boat that Gene and I are building.

~ james

Re:pics for Gener and others

the light in my shop was doing something funny to the pic, It looks really good in person.

That looks great James, just what the speed doctor ordered!!!!! ;)

The other post was for specs and stuff,

We can use this post for actual hull pics as we go along,

WAY KEWL BUDDY!!!!

Gene ;D

Glad you like it so far, Now I will be able to make some headway since we are all moved in to the new place. I forgot to mention that I took the center section to the post office after it was done to weigh it. It weighs 8.2 oz.'s like you see it. my center section are always a little beefy. Right on the mark for where we want to be. the sponson weight should bring us to that magic number along with the radio box. ~ James

Thats great news, I love it when a plan comes together!!!!

Gene ;D

PJ, i am pretty sure i read somewhere that it creates lift at the rear of the boat, rather than the front...i cant remember but it would be worth looking at Jimboats article on the Dynamics of Tunnel hulls!

Kris

James,

Questions... ;) Is the center section WOF??? If so, how did you cut the foam out? Hot wire... ??? Please pass along.. I'm going to give a shot to Wade's "I'm BORED AT WORK" 30" tunnel when the pics arrive. Looks real simple to make.

How about another shot, bottom side.. Really want to see the back by the transom...

Oh yea, LOOKS KEWL DUDE :D ;D 8)

Mark..

OB Nut Racing: Heck, here I am, bored at work myself ;D

WOW MARK, You gonna give that tunnel of wades a shot?? GOOD, You think your going to have it ready for the fun run??? Would like to see it go.

Nice light boat your building TF.

NT------ Wish i had a job to be bored at. : :) : :)

N.T.

Yea, I'll give it a shot.. :D What the heck.. Like I said in Wade's thread, I need a new boat anyway! Don't know if the cowl can be done by then. If not, then I have two 7.5 Dumas cowls waiting for something!!! ;D As for being done for Oct.. hhhmmm... It all depends. Need to get the water pipes completed in the house, then I doubt Mary will complain much :D LOL.. Yea, right.. :eek:

Mark...

OB Nut Racing: Currently a board at work! ;)

So the honeydoo list comes first.

then BOATS. I see ;D ;D

course you probably have to build two boats?

Yours and Hers??

NT

well, we got city water a few months back.. :eek: now need to get the piping done on the inside.. :) Hate paying for something I'm not using! :(

two boats.. nope, she's still,, aaahh, hhmmmmm, aaahhh, making statements about not really needing the Solution.. :p :p is all I have to say! She likes her 3.5, so not really looking to replace it yet.. If only one is built, can get it done quicker.. Since getting the double stick tape from Ron, this build should be real quick.. It was a pain to cut, lay down epoxy and wait a night to continue.. :-

Mark

OB Nut Racing: Snail mail SUX... :D

Hey mornin Guy's :D

The center section design is James baby, so I will let him comment on airfoil placement, it's not WOF, regular construction methods were used, we wanted the center section to be very strong but also lite and James got it right on the money on both.

Gene ;D

My input on the project will be tunnel width, height, sponson deadrise and runing surfaces. Outboard for dialins and base runs will be a Too Hotty CMB Greenhead on a Lawless with porting by John Ackerman.

I'll have pics up as the parts come in ;)

wow,

You fellas really moved the peak back to the end of the boat. I've been putting the peak to correspond with 30% from the rear of the sponsons. I'll be interested to know how well this works.

This is one of my center sections, weighing in at 11.2 OZ including a FAT radio box and 2 coats of West Systems penetrating epoxy. That 8 OZ is an excellent weight for a center section.

Wanna race? ;D

View attachment 311

pics of the center section as requested. It is not WOF as gene stated. I find it easier to play around with different shapes with the "build up" method. Its basically the same as an airplae wing. the two outer side airfoil peices are 1/4 ply and there are three other spars in between the outside peices. they are 1/8 ply. equally spaced. the transom side peices go all the way throughthe top sheeting, and attach to a beefed up spar on each side. The actual transom is 1/4 ply. The peice of 1/8 sheet on the bottom under the transom is a little something that I came up with for "attitude" control while the boat is on step. the leading edge of this peice is perfectly squared to the bottom of the hull. air hits this "lip" under the hull and acts as a wheelie bar. different thicknesses of material can be used to acheive different ride attitudes. also the leading edge can be backcut to offer a type of pocket for the air to "hit". of course there is a thin line between to much and not enough. The overall length is 20 1/4 and width per genes request is 5 1/2. here you go.

Back