Who wants to run Kneelers at the 2012 Tunnel Champs?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is someones kneeler on full P FE power. Got some handling issues, but its pretty quick. big boat too...

Those are interesting boats. I bet my arm could be twisted enough to build one.

Dick do you know the story on that 41" unit?

What is the average length and beam of the 20 size boats?

Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it would be a good idea to lay out some rules for kneelers before the race, if they run as their own class.

Must they have a driver in the cockpit?

Can they have canopy cowls?

Are afterplane steps/wedges/blocks allowed and what are the limitations?

Mod engine or B Sport?

Are 4 point kneelers allowed? Some full scale kneelers have rear sponsons that exceed the length and width of the afterplane.

Should have all this covered in advance.

No afterplane steps or blocks or shingles or hydrofoils or head scratching mind bogling performance enhancing voodoo under the boat,no 4 pt just good old 3pt hydro ,no canopy or cowl except for engine cover if wanted,3.5 mod or stock outboard mounted on transom of boat with max inset of 1 inch ,driver opt but open cockpit,I sent pic of what a 3 point kneeler hydro would look like, just a plain ole 3POINT HYDRO ,no tricks no funny inboard outboards just keep it simple and have some fun fun fun. Dick Loeb

Guys,

We tried to get the class going several years ago at the WTC but could not get enough entries. If I recall and wil try and do some research on it, but the rules we had were:

1. Sport B OB engines only

2. Open cockpits

3. Driver's required

And I believe Dick Loeb's description of the hull in post #49 is about right.

What do you all think?

Those are interesting boats. I bet my arm could be twisted enough to build one.

Dick do you know the story on that 41" unit?

What is the average length and beam of the 20 size boats?

Doug
Thanks for the call Mr. Loeb!

I am looking forward to running my Sun Downer B OB Hydro again! I know no one will belive this but I do not have a Kneeler. Dang it!! Anyone have one for sale? Jerry Dunlap where are you? lol. James

OK , after I win Powerball tonight I am going to contract a foundry and my local CNC machine shop to produce an opposed twin crankcased outboard based on VAC - 91 pistons and sleeves , custom tower housing . Boats will be in the 55 " range with movable servo operated pipes .

No capsules but drivers must wear simulated Kevlar race clothing . 60 % Nitro must be used with 18 % oil . :D

OK , after I win Powerball tonight I am going to contract a foundry and my local CNC machine shop to produce an opposed twin crankcased outboard based on VAC - 91 pistons and sleeves , custom tower housing . Boats will be in the 55 " range with movable servo operated pipes .

No capsules but drivers must wear simulated Kevlar race clothing . 60 % Nitro must be used with 18 % oil . :D

Tom, i'll be your test pig sir.

I knew this was gonna go over my head. . .

I vote for Open Kneeler, so anyone with a sport, mod, or FE can enter. Grow the class before limiting I feel. Must have driver or newer closed capsule. No sponson or bottom mods, just striaght up 3 point. . .

And if it can't be a kneeler class, then Open OB Hydro you can enter what ya want? ? ?

Latest posts

Back