which reciver is which lol

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opio

I'm a bit lost in my fassst system. I of course am running it in my boats, and need to figure out which reciever to use. The system came with the 603fs, but I have seen others also. 603ff, 604fs, dunno which one is should use. Also a little explaination of the hss mode or the ppm mode (not sure if i got the acrynom's correct),

I'm a bit lost in my fassst system. I of course am running it in my boats, and need to figure out which reciever to use. The system came with the 603fs, but I have seen others also. 603ff, 604fs, dunno which one is should use. Also a little explaination of the hss mode or the ppm mode (not sure if i got the acrynom's correct),
hi, the hss is the mode you have to use digital servos to use the fail safe.ppm is like the pcm mode.my 4ch stick radio(futaba)i have to use external fail-safes in the ppm mode with standard servos.the difference between the ff and fs is one has a single antenna and the other one has 2 antennas(1 inside and 1 outside). i have used both of them and have found no difference in range or any problems with interferece. some people say you need to run the antenna outside the radio box. again i have tried both ways with no difference.mike.

Thanks! I have found the same with running the atenna in the radio box I have had No problems.

Jeremy,

The 603FF has one external antenna (3 channels)

The 603FS has one external antenna and one internal antenna (3 Channels)

The 604 has one external antenna and one internal antenna (4 Channels) but can not be used with the 3PM or 3PK. However using the 4PK you can use any of the RXs you listed.

There is also no (HRS) using 2.4Gig systems. You need to make sure that is off of that mode when using a 2.4G system.

Grim

the 3PM. 3PM-X, 3PK and 4PK all have a built in Fail safe, weather you use it in PPM mode or HRS mode.

the difference is that when in HRS mode (High Response Speed) you set the fail safe once and never again (unless you change something),

in PPM mode you need to set the fail safe each time you turn the system "ON".

PPM mode is used with analogue servo's or a mix of both,

HRS mode is to be used ONLY if all your servo's are Digital.

and what Grim said about the antenna's.

Dan.

the 3PM. 3PM-X, 3PK and 4PK in PPM mode you need to set the fail safe each time you turn the system "ON".
Well that sucks. The 3PJS does not do that. As Ron Popeel would say "You set it, and forget it." Glad I did not up grade.

Mike

Now I'm lost again, grim said there is no hrs system? I know there is but did I miss something. Thanks Dan!

Jeremy

What radio do you have? You could have one that was running on 75 or 27 with a upgrade module to 2.4. With this all the old programming is in the radio with the old setups. Just turn it off like Grim says. The newer 2.4 radios do not have that programmed into it.

Mike

the 3PM. 3PM-X, 3PK and 4PK in PPM mode you need to set the fail safe each time you turn the system "ON".
Well that sucks. The 3PJS does not do that. As Ron Popeel would say "You set it, and forget it." Glad I did not up grade.

Mike
i guess this is only for the wheel radio's.i have the stick radio and you cannot use the fail safe witout using digital servo's. i use regular servo's and a external fail safe and do not have to reset it evertime you turn it on. mike.

Mike,

its not that much of a pain, it only takes 2 seconds to hold the brake and press on the fail safe button behind the Tx.

Maybe thats what Grim was referring to, an FM radio upgraded with the 2.4Gz module.

Michael, you are correct.

when using any radio system with an external fail safe (like I use to have) you only set it once and never touch it again.

Dan.

Mike,

its not that much of a pain, it only takes 2 seconds to hold the brake and press on the fail safe button behind the Tx.
Haveing a hard enough time remembering to change the model and now you want me to set a fail safe. :lol: I aint getting any younger and the memory seems to be slipping some. I like to follow the KISS theory. Gets the job done everytime.

Mike

Yall crack me up! I'm running the 3pm, it a 2.4 from the box. It has the two different settings. I'm not running digital servos so I guess it really does not matter lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeremy: I have the 3PM 2.4 and it is just a set it up and forget it radio, unless you want to do failsafe as mentioned above. email me if you have any questions on setting up that rigger. hope to see you out running that thing soon. Rick

How about this Saturday at Waughop for two lap record trials? gotta get it wet some time. and maybe see how slow it is? just kidding either way lets run some boats soon. Rick

How about this Saturday at Waughop for two lap record trials? gotta get it wet some time. and maybe see how slow it is? just kidding either way lets run some boats soon. Rick

Hey you were there the first time I had it on the water, I remember you putting away the .12 and pulling out the .21 for the race lol! you got scared....... J/k man! Not sure if I will make the time trials, my .12 boat just went through some major upgrades to include a new motor that I need to break in, and the .21 boat has not seen water yet.

that was the first time I had run my 12 boat also, now I am ready, 12 for 12 lets race. hope you can quit working so much and make a few races. Rick

yea me to man. i think the next twin lakes race, believe it is the next one, I will be at with boats~

But I won't be able to make that race, I have an airplane contest that I have to be at. I can't get out of it. Duval will be my first race. Rick

Latest posts

Back