Which glow plug?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vince Fantauzzi

I'm finally adding some nitros to my electric fleet.

I'm running a JAE 21 outrigger with a GO .28 engine, using 30% nitro. . . which type of glow plug would be best for this engine( I'm currently using a #3L)...the reason I'm asking is because my outrigger is bogging down at WOT but regains speed as I ease up on the throttle...I've run approximately 1/3 gallon fuel in this engine through the break-in process, and I am now at 1/2 turn in from factory seetings on the high speed needle, and 1/3 in on the low needle...I'm kind of new to the whole nitro thing so any suggestions and tips would be greatly appreciated.
default_smile.png

Thank you,

Try the McCoy plug MC-9. I have ran this plug in all my small and big bore motors with good performance. Once you break the motor in more and turn down your needles to the recomended settings maybe it will quit bogging? If the boat dies out in the lake you have most likely gone to lean. After 1 gallon of fuel it should be broke in unless you piston/cylinder is real tight.

Brad

K&B 1L Glow Plug For Low to Medium nitro fuel Can you afford good reason price Good Luck!
default_wink.png

O,donnel purple will work well.. i use that in Go 21 If you can buy them in that matters.. seems hard to get o,donnel plugs..

Running 30% I would try the McCoy MC-8 it's a little hotter than the MC-9, BUT Personally I would run Higher Nitro % and the MC-9.

How Hot is the engine getting? It needs to get up to a good running temp to break in properly.
Have you removed any Shims Yet?

What Pipe and How Long?

Back