When CD's should act/Sport Tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty, word on the street is that "Big E" aint nothing to worry about....
Rodney I can tell you that my tunnel is faster than yours LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

AH, rats!!!! You got me there!!!! ****, if this ecomony doesnt pick up, I wont likely own one again! We will have to see. Hoping to have atleast 1 tunnel for next season to run around the pond with you guys.
Hey Rod, Maybe you can turn-in one of your older Tunnels to Barack O. in his "Cash for Clunker-Tunnel-hull Program" and get a new one - For free!!!! :lol:

Hence.... It looks..... if Chris'll go, Adam wants to have at it, and me..... makes 3. (in 20 hydro/outrigger).

point being Ted, that, i can assemble my sport 20, and Dave, and, and, we'll see......

If not, i'll bring something..... Where is the ninja guys from last year?.... somebody had a pretty trick boat, that was right up in there...... Bryon, has a serious rigger too.....

As VP, Larry, maybe you can call Finch, and get a sanction quickly..... maybe not.....

week of dry weather ahead easily.... it wont stay flooded long.......

On the fence, maybe Mark an' tim just take me fishin' and i'll call it good....... Mike
Mike, I don't know of any NINJA guys - except Patrick Steel, Maybe Mark Dawlson ran one too? Patrick only came to two races this year + the Speed run. So, they may show-up at Rick's if we have it there. Remember - though, if we have it at Rick's, it won't be a Sanctioned race - But FUN, non-the-less.. Bring-on-the TT's!!!!! :p

Hence.... It looks..... if Chris'll go, Adam wants to have at it, and me..... makes 3. (in 20 hydro/outrigger).

point being Ted, that, i can assemble my sport 20, and Dave, and, and, we'll see......

If not, i'll bring something..... Where is the ninja guys from last year?.... somebody had a pretty trick boat, that was right up in there...... Bryon, has a serious rigger too.....

As VP, Larry, maybe you can call Finch, and get a sanction quickly..... maybe not.....

week of dry weather ahead easily.... it wont stay flooded long.......

On the fence, maybe Mark an' tim just take me fishin' and i'll call it good....... Mike
Mike, I don't know of any NINJA guys - except Patrick Steel, Maybe Mark Dawlson ran one too? Patrick only came to two races this year + the Speed run. So, they may show-up at Rick's if we have it there. Remember - though, if we have it at Rick's, it won't be a Sanctioned race - But FUN, non-the-less.. Bring-on-the TT's!!!!! :p
Ted,

Patrick won't heat race his, it is on of the original hand cut boats that Mike Z made before the laser cut Ninja Sprints. The other one Mike is refering to is Tim D's. He entered and raced at last years State race but crashed in the first heat and lost his fuel cell.Oh, and I have one packed away somewhere too! :D

Larry

Ted.... is was Dawson's boat..... somebody get him a tank...... i'll haul something up...... Race is a race.... we can all just have fun running around the orange things, shoot it up......

Basic itinerary will have Mark and Tim get my ice shanty on a good spot for the season......

so far so good.... start the clock...... Mike

Ted.... is was Dawson's boat..... somebody get him a tank...... i'll haul something up...... Race is a race.... we can all just have fun running around the orange things, shoot it up......

Basic itinerary will have Mark and Tim get my ice shanty on a good spot for the season......

Maybe, I might wet a line with you if you decide to come-up for Ice fishin. :lol: Hey, I meant to say Tim D. I don't know why I always get his name mixed-up and call him Mark -must be All the Lyde Bros. hangin around - Mitch,Tim,Mark - dooooohh!!! :D Hey, maybe you can bring-up your Snorkeling gear or Scuba-diving gear(If you have any)and go fishin for all the peices & parts on the bottom of our pond. The weeds are out, and it maybe the only Hardware you'll be bringing back to IOWA if ya now what I mean :eek: Doooooh....

Dalsin...The guys name is Dalsin. :lol: He already has a tank.

I received an e-mail from TCMBC president, and our race site in Eagen is flooded. Race will be moved to Ricks Hobby Farm on 10/10 if enough boaters would want to have the race at Ricks. President has permission from Ricks to have the race. Richard D

Richard

mist seein you in Mendota not so much the guy that brought you :rolleyes:

got to find some outher way down

got address for Ricks for us out of towners

would like to sit down an shoot the shiO with you again ;)

Marty

So far... so good..... Dalsin it is. Been a year, and met him once. Ricks it is. Was that a challenge issued Ted?..

We do, have a diver in our group, and he dont suit up for just anything........ mostly bridge inspections, and dead bodies......

We did have a great time last year, you guys have a great group..... getting a trophy that was trick was just icing, as, the zip tie, held my carburator together is glued to it......

Been a year.... we'll bring the best we can, lets go around the orange magnets, have some fun...... now... which boats to throw into the fray.....

I may... have my pitman back.....

Planning. Lets get it on. Richard,rocks!. come on over i'll listen. Mike

So far... so good..... Dalsin it is. Been a year, and met him once. Ricks it is. Was that a challenge issued Ted?..

We do, have a diver in our group, and he dont suit up for just anything........ mostly bridge inspections, and dead bodies......

We did have a great time last year, you guys have a great group..... getting a trophy that was trick was just icing, as, the zip tie, held my carburator together is glued to it......

Been a year.... we'll bring the best we can, lets go around the orange magnets, have some fun...... now... which boats to throw into the fray.....

I may... have my pitman back.....

Planning. Lets get it on. Richard,rocks!. come on over i'll listen. Mike
Yeah... :lol: I guess that would be a challenge now - wouldn't it!! :D It would be refreshing for a change to have 3 boats+ to make a class in the .21 Hydro. This is opposed to Swaping rooster-tails with my Son & trying to Dodge the Slow-moving Yellow bouy all the time. :lol:

Hook-em-up, Mike!!!

Hello Marty and Mike, it was great meeting up with you guys in Mendota,last summer. I have one of my Blackbirds just about ready to test. Darn!...... i am sloooow at getting a boat finished. Larry Conrad is talking boats again! That is great news. If you guys decide to race at Ricks, good luck to yah. Richard D

Ted... i'll assemble a 20 hydro, then.... Adam, wants to compete his..... so you and he.... take my shoes off...3.

Not to detract dave at all, surely, i plan on bringing a sport 20, also.... so, thats 2.... Mark stated there were a few more around up there..... whop! another class.......

Still on and trying to coordinate.... see you there.... Mike

Ted... i'll assemble a 20 hydro, then.... Adam, wants to compete his..... so you and he.... take my shoes off...3.

Not to detract dave at all, surely, i plan on bringing a sport 20, also.... so, thats 2.... Mark stated there were a few more around up there..... whop! another class.......

Still on and trying to coordinate.... see you there.... Mike

Mike,

Which one of that vast fleet of stick boats ya' gonna' bring?

OK, I haven't run OB tunnels in many a moon and the only reason why I'm posting here is because I saw after coming into the site for several days that this thread was at the top of this forum.

Alrighty then. This is what it does say in the rulebook:

4. Original carb bore and exhaust configuration will be retained as

manufactured. No modification to the carb bore or exhaust outlets will be

allowed.

Now, if we make just a really tiny change it would make the interpretation of the rules a hole new thing:

4. Original carb, bore and exhaust configuration will be retained as

allowed.

See it? I just added a comma and that made all of the difference in the world! Maybe that should be changed in the rulebook just to clarify things to the nth degree!

Last edited by a moderator:
LC.... testing today will show.... but, it wont be Chris' hull......

Ron.... it took me a few years to realize what stock appearing meant..... Ted's already stated he'll be running OEM carbs in sport, so it's a done deal...... I'm thinking about a loaner......

20 hydro, sport 20, and mod 21 tunnel..... easy peasy yumpineasy..... mike

OK, I haven't run OB tunnels in many a moon and the only reason why I'm posting here is because I saw after coming into the site for several days that this thread was at the top of this forum.

Alrighty then. This is what it does say in the rulebook:

4. Original carb bore and exhaust configuration will be retained as

allowed.

Now, if we make just a really tiny change it would make the interpretation of the rules a hole new thing:

4. Original carb, bore and exhaust configuration will be retained as

allowed.

See it? I just added a comma and that made all of the difference in the world! Maybe that should be changed in the rulebook just to clarify things to the nth degree!
As Mike posted the issue has been resolved. Even without the comma, as manufactured pretty much says it all. If you have a brand Y engine and put a brand x carb or exhaust on it It is no longer "as manufactured". :)

The stage is set!.... Had a pretty fair test day. ( secret weapon drove up and supervised)..... LC... bird bird bird the bird's the word...... Gonna sneak across the border Saturday.... Wire 'em tight Ted. looks to be a 3 guy Iowa invasion. See you there. mike

As Mike posted the issue has been resolved. Even without the comma, as manufactured pretty much says it all. If you have a brand Y engine and put a brand x carb or exhaust on it It is no longer "as manufactured". :)
It seems like for some, "there's just not enough rocks"

Back