What's This?!?!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andy,

PayPal Payment sent for TWO props... One in Left Hand and one in Right Hand rotation... Let me know if I need to send additional $$$ to cover any fees or shipping...

Thanks!

It's Ready!! Our new prop is finished and in production!
Precision CNC machined from solid barstock.

This prop is 50mm in diameter and the average pitch is 3.25" The trailing edge is 4.0"

The prop should work well on Sport 45's and 45 tunnels. It may also work well on some 45 monos.

It will be a great 45 rigger prop if you run at high altitude or use low nitro.

The first production run is made from 7075-T6. The strength is equal to a standard cast BeCu alloy prop.

Future production will also be avalible in alloy steel for those who want the thinnest, sharpest blades possible.

Every blade is identical in pitch and thickness throughout every section.

This is the first in a series that is sure to break many records and win many races.

In an effort to see these props tested on as many different boats as possible we are offering

a special introductry price of only $30.

This price will be good through midnight Sunday March 16th. There will be no quantity limitations.

They are in stock and ready to ship.

This first prop has no name designation. I've yet to decide on which method to use.

This prop is also avalible in opposite Right hand rotation for the electic boaters.

Please call 386-208-1036 or e-mail [email protected] to get these awesome props at this one time great price.

Good boating,

Andy
:)

andy, since these are cut from bar stock, with every blade identical, how's balance - or is it even needed? hurry with some smaller/.21 stuff !!

Robin,

With every blade symetrical,they're coming of the Mazak just about perfect,balanced and sharp. :)

And with every blade throwing the same amount of water and not favoring a single blade, they'll be FAST......

Any idea how long till we see some other sizes also Andy ? Send me down a few and I will sell at the High points race this weekend in Brandon for ya ;)

The prop should work well on Sport 45's and 45 tunnels. Good boating,

Andy

See Ray, I told you so. :D

Just ordered a couple for my 40 tunnel, will see how they work at the upcoming World Tunnel Champs.

Andy, we could REALLY use a similar .21 tunnel prop. :D

~James

The prop should work well on Sport 45's and 45 tunnels. Good boating,

Andy

See Ray, I told you so. :D

Just ordered a couple for my 40 tunnel, will see how they work at the upcoming World Tunnel Champs.

Andy, we could REALLY use a similar .21 tunnel prop. :D

~James
You and Robin, enough with the 21 stuff. :lol: :lol: Only kidding, both of you do well at the Thunnel Champs. B) B)

Andy,

When you decide to make some in steel, try 17-4 PH stainless. It would be a very good material for this application, as it's very corrosion resistant. It's also heat treatable to about 45 Rc, very strong in this condition and does not warp during heat treating. It machines about like A-2, a very widely used tool steel. Just a thought.

BTW, how about a 44-47mm diameter and 75-80mm pitch with around 10-15% progression? Still looking for that elusive 1645 for 20 hydros...... ;)

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Andy,
When you decide to make some in steel, try 17-4 PH stainless. It would be a very good material for this application, as it's very corrosion resistant. It's also heat treatable to about 45 Rc, very strong in this condition and does not warp during heat treating. It machines about like A-2, a very widely used tool steel. Just a thought.

BTW, how about a 44-47mm diameter and 75-80mm pitch with around 10-15% progression? Still looking for that elusive 1645 for 20 hydros...... ;)

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros
Brad,

I'm currently working on two 45 mm props. One for the rigger as you are asking about and one with less pitch and more progression for Vee's cats hydros.

They may be ready after this weekend.

I have considered the 17-4PH . I have some Chrome-Moly that I am planning to use. The strength of this particular version is equal to the 17-4, but has more toughness and is less prone to warp while machining. It is not stainless, but since contains chromium it is fairly corrosion resistant. It's not like we leave our R/c boat sittting in the water for long periods.

Keep an eye out for lots of new props. Also for every left hand prop there will be a matching right hand version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy,

Are you looking at something like 4130, 4140 or 4340? These are all OK choices for a prop. The chrome-moly steels are tough, but will warp significantly in heat treat, and fairly soft without some hardening. The 17-4 PH should not warp during machining, especially if you rough machine the majority of the material off before finishing anything. I don't want to say "Trust me, this is what I do for a living," but I have made many details from many materials, and I would have to say that, as for steels, 17-4 is the best overall to work with. I have made some real pretzels in the past and the 17-4 has always been very predictable in machining and heat treat processes. Just some good-willed advise frome somebody who has thrown a few chips....... B)

BTW, from the numbers, this looks like it would be a good 20 hydro prop for a good strong engine. It may be a bit stiff for most 21's out there, but may work for some. ;)

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

I havent seen this prop yet, but its at my house, My son opened the box, and all I heard was wow! Andy, My son Chuck likes working on props and is really picky. He was really impressed as I am sure I will be also. I think one is already on the back of his SP 40!! haha, Hopefully, we will get to test Sat or Sunday. Thanks ALOT!! Ken

I'm currently working on two 45 mm props. One for the rigger as you are asking about and one with less pitch and more progression for Vee's cats hydros.
Keep an eye out for lots of new props. Also for every left hand prop there will be a matching right hand version.
SWEET!!

I lova that MAZAK!

I think the nay sayers are about to get blind sided. ;)

-Buck-

I havent seen this prop yet, but its at my house, My son opened the box, and all I heard was wow! Andy, My son Chuck likes working on props and is really picky. He was really impressed as I am sure I will be also. I think one is already on the back of his SP 40!! haha, Hopefully, we will get to test Sat or Sunday. Thanks ALOT!! Ken
Looking forward to hearing how it runs Ken. How it works on your boat compared to what already works best for you.

That will give me a base to work from and then I can add or reduce lift, change pitch and other details until we get them running just the way you need them.

My goal is to have many variations so we can use them directly off the machine and not have to cut or cup them.

I'm planning to designate them by Diameter and Pitch in millimeters.

This new 50mm prop would be a 5082. Dia. = 50mm Pitch=82mm.

There will also be designation for rake and progression to help indicate the lift and accelleration characteristics of the prop.

It will probably be a letter suffix such as 5083B.

It's easy enough to find the Pitch/Diameter ratio by dividing the dia. into the pitch. In this case it becomes 1.64/1

The plan is to have this same basic 50mm prop in a range of pitches, such as 76mm, 79mm, 82mm, 85mm and so on.

The more feedback I get from everyone the quicker I can develope the best props for all the different applications.

This fisrt prop is a base and may work great on some set-ups and probably will not work at all on others.

Please be sure to let me know how the prop reacts even if it doesn't work for your hull/power. All feedback is needed.

I made a 47mm prop today (4773) It has a little more pitch than the X447 and the X646/3.

More later! :)

Looking forward to hearing how it runs Ken. How it works on your boat compared to what already works best for you.

That will give me a base to work from and then I can add or reduce lift, change pitch and other details until we get them running just the way you need them.

My goal is to have many variations so we can use them directly off the machine and not have to cut or cup them.

I'm planning to designate them by Diameter and Pitch in millimeters.

This new 50mm prop would be a 5082. Dia. = 50mm Pitch=82mm.

There will also be designation for rake and progression to help indicate the lift and accelleration characteristics of the prop.

It will probably be a letter suffix such as 5083B.

It's easy enough to find the Pitch/Diameter ratio by dividing the dia. into the pitch. In this case it becomes 1.64/1

The plan is to have this same basic 50mm prop in a range of pitches, such as 76mm, 79mm, 82mm, 85mm and so on.

The more feedback I get from everyone the quicker I can develope the best props for all the different applications.

This fisrt prop is a base and may work great on some set-ups and probably will not work at all on others.

Please be sure to let me know how the prop reacts even if it doesn't work for your hull/power. All feedback is needed.

I made a 47mm prop today (4773) It has a little more pitch than the X447 and the X646/3.

More later! :)

let me know when you have a 60 X 96, or there abouts.

Looks like it'll cut the $#!+ outta your fingers!

Get some gas boat props going and Waltr and I can test those.

Back